Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Positive comments from Mick Cronin on Covington Catholic Basketball

Featured Replies

Did anyone else catch Mick Cronin’s radio show last nite? At one point the conversation was on High School Basketball, and how you do not see guys take bad shots. Chuck Machock then mentioned that he saw a game Friday nite with a lot of bad shots taken. He said one team was taking lots of bad shots, while the other team was more disciplined, and taking good shots. The team taking good shots won. He then said that the game was Cov Cath against Holmes. Mick then said something to the effect that ‘without you telling me, I can tell you which team was taking good shots, and which team was not. The team that won their state last year was the one taking good shots.’ I did not hear the entire conversation, but as a Cov Cath fan, it brought a smile to my face!

"@MoellerBBall: From @CoachCroninUC on radio show last night: "If you go see Moeller play, they never take a bad shot....same with La Salle"

 

Mentioned Moeller too...

I was at the game and I do not recall Holmes taking a lot of "bad shots." Maybe late in the game, last few minutes of the 4th quarter.

 

I do recall Holmes missing a lot of good, easy shots though.

 

This quote is not an accurate representation of the game I saw.

I agree with KingLouie, as a Colonel alum/follower, puts a smile on your face hear such recognition.

 

Also, agree with E-IV, Holmes didn't take a lot of bad shots. Having been said many times, the game was actually kind of off for both teams.

 

Although, I was confounded why Holmes did not exploit middle of CCH 3-2 zone. Twice in 3rd quarter they ran a high post & got 2 scores, one on a drive & the other on a high/low feed. For some reason they never tried again (???)

Although, I was confounded why Holmes did not exploit middle of CCH 3-2 zone. Twice in 3rd quarter they ran a high post & got 2 scores, one on a drive & the other on a high/low feed. For some reason they never tried again (???)

 

agreed..

 

I do recall Holmes missing a lot of good, easy shots though. QUOTE]

 

To be fair, Cov Cath also missed a lot of layups & chip shots.

This has become the nature of the CCH vs Holmes games, both teams defending the rim.

Kids adjust their shots, misses happen.

As I recall both teams shot very poor.

  • Author

Just want to add, I was not at the game and therefore there is no way for me to say that Chuck's assessment was accurate. I only was conveying what was stated on the radio show.

  • Author

 

I do recall Holmes missing a lot of good, easy shots though. QUOTE]

 

To be fair, Cov Cath also missed a lot of layups & chip shots.

This has become the nature of the CCH vs Holmes games, both teams defending the rim.

Kids adjust their shots, misses happen.

As I recall both teams shot very poor.

 

I agree with your statement, however that has little to do with taking bad versus good shots. Coach's generally are not mad if you miss good shots, but if you miss the same number of bad shots, they will not be, or should not be, happy at all.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.