Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are DUI penalties too lenient?

Featured Replies

Because drunk driving is taken seriously there, and not nearly seriously enough here. Its easy, if you have a drink, dont drive, then thrre is never a question. Why that concept is so hard I will never understand.

 

OK, at least I know where you are coming from now. First, I do think the US takes drunk driving seriously...we just have a difference of opinion on that...that's fine. Basically you are saying that driving after having one beer or glass of wine should be illegal. If that is the law, then people would have to abide by it. I don't think very many people agree with you though.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Of for the sake of the matter I will give you that it effects everyone Very differently and it carries differently. I can drink to a 1.8 and wake up likely a 1.2 even though science says you will be fine after 8-12 hours My sinuses do not drain. I keep that breathe. Some folks are like that.

 

We aren't talking about 0.08. we are talking about DUI law's. If aggravated should the laws be tougher? What about AT LEAST an increase for aggravated DUI laws?

Not sure of the correlation between draining sinuses and blood alcohol levels? Your breath (in your head) has nothing to do with it, air from deep in your lungs is what is measured...that's why you have to blow for such a long time, to get the air from deep in your lungs.

  • Author
If you get a D.U. I. you can make all the plea deals you want. The final decision is usually left up to the judge. A judge can look at your prior D.U.I's from over 5 years ago and hold them against you.

Judges in almost every case will accept a plea agreed upon by the prosecutor, if the prosecutor makes a deal it will go through in almost all cases.

A number of years ago I was hit head on by a drunk driver....it hurt. Two weeks after that a drunk driver lost control at 80mph and drove into my bedroom. If there had not been a pallet of shingles in front of the house, the policeman said he would have gone right through the house. Thus, I have ZERO tolerance for drinking and driving.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.