Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 70 Dixie Heights 45

Featured Replies

Lady Eagles bounce back from the Conner loss to take a solid win over a tall and tough Lady Colonels.

Well deserved win by the Eagles. Full court press and good defense lead to another 30 plus turnover game for Dixie.

  • Author

As a side note this is the first time I have seen an all female referee crew. Putting that a side this was one of the best reffed games I've seen all season. Girls were allowed to play but kept the game under control. One of the few games I can say where the refs were transparent.

good point and agree!

Scott made the game too fast for Dixie to handle with their pressure, thus the easy win.

Nice win for Scott. Looks like they reign on top of the Kenton County school district this year! Nice job!

  • Author
Nice win for Scott. Looks like they reign on top of the Kenton County school district this year! Nice job!

 

With the Cooper game approaching hopefully they can find a way to undo whatever it is that has them struggling against the Boone Co. teams.

I think I would still bet on SK over Scott every time. Regardless of what happened last week.

I think I would still bet on SK over Scott every time. Regardless of what happened last week.

 

Can you elaborate?

 

I assume you are a Camels fan and that would mean you haven't played either team yet. What are you basing you thoughts on? Pretty bold statement with Scott coming up tomorrow night!

  • Author
I think I would still bet on SK over Scott every time. Regardless of what happened last week.

 

Ms. Camel. While I appreciate your entitlement to your opinion and the freedom to voice it, I would ask that you not hijack this thread as happened with the Scott/Conner thread.

 

No offense intended RC, because In the interest of driving attention to both the Scott Girls basketball program and to Girls basketball in general (and yes the capital "G" is intentional) I would love to here Ms. Camel's thoughts and happily debate at length, but not here.

 

Now back on track, I reveiwed the game film and I can say this about Dixie. Kylie Brock is a hustler. That girl comes to the court with boundless energy and seems to just keep going. Mary Beth Odom is probably the most overlooked player on that team. She is a workhorse with a high athletic IQ. Game in and game out, she is tough, hustles after rebounds, and not afraid to be physical. Lastly, Tibbs is Tibbs. With her long arms she is extremely hard to defend and impossible to defend 1 on 1.

Great win lady Eagles !! Keep it up !!

Good point about Brock, she does hustle!! Her defense is awsome. However, leads the team in turnovers and can't handle the ball dribbling left.

  • Author
Good point about Brock, she does hustle!! Her defense is awsome. However, leads the team in turnovers and can't handle the ball dribbling left.

 

Hopefully something she is able to work on during the off season. Not to jump past this season cause there is still a lot of BBall to be played, but next year begins the "post Tibbs" era at Dixie and with the young talent coming up ball security will have to be a top priority.

Dixie can only go as far as their guards take them. If they take care of the ball they can be a dangerous team.

  • Author
Dixie can only go as far as their guards take them. If they take care of the ball they can be a dangerous team.

 

100% agree. In their game against SK they did just that and almost pulled out the win.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.