11th Region All "A" Classic Preview

On Tuesday night at 8:00, the tournament to crown the an All A Champion for the 11th Region will commence, as Berea takes on Frankfort. The winner of that game will face Sayre on Thursday at 8:00. The bottom bracket sees Lexington Christian Academy taking on Model Laboratory on Wednesday at 8:00.

LCA will be considered a strong favorite in the tournament, and will look to build on last year's performance that led them to the semis of the All A State Tournament before losing to Newport Central Catholic. Should the Eagles advance, they will likely be one of the favorites to win the entire tournament, but to win it all, they'll possibly have to overcome the same NCC team who throttled them by 30+ last season on the same stage.

It's still a bit premature to crown the Eagles champions though, as all of the teams in this one will be capable. Model, who won the 11th Region All A title a few years ago, will rely on Ephraim Otieno and Alex Chen to guide the Patriots to an upset. In the upper bracket, Berea will look to the balance of Shyiem Alexander, Bradley Adkins, Deondre Tate, and Dustin Kates to to guide them past Frankfort. The Panthers, however, are a bit of a dark horse, and with performances like the one where they took Lafayette to overtime, have proven that they are not to be taken lightly. For the Panthers, the performances of Jalen Washington and Anthony Robinson lead the way for a team who probably is the deepest in the field when speaking of overall athleticism.

Should Frankfort get past Berea, they'll be staring down a rematch with a Sayre team who, in my opinion, is a bit underrated. The Spartans beat Frankfort 58-56 a few weeks ago, and can rely on the steady hand of Quinn Pergande, as well as the scoring punch of Lafayette transfer Jake Duby.

On the whole, expect a great tournament with lots of exciting match-ups. While on the surface this one seems to be Lexington Christian's to lose, there's a reason they play the games.

Top 10 Players:

1. Matt Rose - LCA

2. Drew Trimble - LCA

3. Quinn Pergande – Sayre

4. Jalen Washington - Frankfort

5. Ephraim Otieno - Model

6. Kyle Rode - LCA

7. Anthony Robinson - Frankfort

8. Tre' King - LCA

9. Shyiem Alexander - Berea

10. Alex Chen - Model

On Tuesday night at 8:00, the tournament to crown the an All A Champion for the 11th Region will commence, as Berea takes on Frankfort. The winner of that game will face Sayre on Thursday at 8:00. The bottom bracket sees Lexington Christian Academy taking on Model Laboratory on Wednesday at 8:00.

LCA will be considered a strong favorite in the tournament, and will look to build on last year's performance that led them to the semis of the All A State Tournament before losing to Newport Central Catholic. Should the Eagles advance, they will likely be one of the favorites to win the entire tournament, but to win it all, they'll possibly have to overcome the same NCC team who throttled them by 30+ last season on the same stage.

It's still a bit premature to crown the Eagles champions though, as all of the teams in this one will be capable. Model, who won the 11th Region All A title a few years ago, will rely on Ephraim Otieno and Alex Chen to guide the Patriots to an upset. In the upper bracket, Berea will look to the balance of Shyiem Alexander, Bradley Adkins, Deondre Tate, and Dustin Kates to to guide them past Frankfort. The Panthers, however, are a bit of a dark horse, and with performances like the one where they took Lafayette to overtime, have proven that they are not to be taken lightly. For the Panthers, the performances of Jalen Washington and Anthony Robinson lead the way for a team who probably is the deepest in the field when speaking of overall athleticism.

Should Frankfort get past Berea, they'll be staring down a rematch with a Sayre team who, in my opinion, is a bit underrated. The Spartans beat Frankfort 58-56 a few weeks ago, and can rely on the steady hand of Quinn Pergande, as well as the scoring punch of Lafayette transfer Jake Duby.

On the whole, expect a great tournament with lots of exciting match-ups. While on the surface this one seems to be Lexington Christian's to lose, there's a reason they play the games.

Top 10 Players:

1. Matt Rose - LCA

2. Drew Trimble - LCA

3. Quinn Pergande – Sayre

4. Jalen Washington - Frankfort

5. Ephraim Otieno - Model

6. Kyle Rode - LCA

7. Anthony Robinson - Frankfort

8. Tre' King - LCA

9. Shyiem Alexander - Berea

10. Alex Chen - Model

Good preview, you had me until I got to the top ten players. What is the rating based on?Eye test, hype, potential, stats?

Ive seen a couple of these teams, early in the year. LCA could fill top 5, Frankfort has some talented players, Washington and Robinson, Sayre had 3 that I remember, center, pg, and wing(dubly), saw them at Bourbon, and Model had a pg who was quick. Coach Jackson gets a lot out of his Berea team.

Good preview, you had me until I got to the top ten players. What is the rating based on?Eye test, hype, potential, stats?

How would you rate them? Not being argumentative, just wondering. I will admit that the stats that kids put up for their respective teams had a fair amount to do with my rankings.

I will be steadfast in saying that I think Rose and then Trimble are the two best kids in the tournament, and that there's a considerable gap before you get to the next group.

It's still a bit premature to crown the Eagles champions though, as all of the teams in this one will be capable.

I think Frankfort, Model, Berea, and Sayre might all be capable of beating each other, but I'd be floored if any of the floor played within 20 points of Lexington Christian.

How would you rate them? Not being argumentative, just wondering. I will admit that the stats that kids put up for their respective teams had a fair amount to do with my rankings.

I will be steadfast in saying that I think Rose and then Trimble are the two best kids in the tournament, and that there's a considerable gap before you get to the next group.

Not being argumentative either. Just friendly debate and just my opinion. I have seen all of the teams in this tournament play multiple times this year and in previous years. I am also up to date on their respective stats. That being said, I would list them in the following order:

1. Matt Rose - LCA

2. Drew Trimble - LCA

3. Quinn Pergande - Sayre

4. Jake Duby - Sayre

5. John Stein - LCA

6. Malik Frank - Frankfort

7. Kyle Rode - LCA

8. Tre King - LCA

9. Jalen Washington - Frankfort

10A. Alex Chen - Model

10B. Ephraim Otieno - Model

10C. Anthony Robinson - Frankfort

Not being argumentative either. Just friendly debate and just my opinion. I have seen all of the teams in this tournament play multiple times this year and in previous years. I am also up to date on their respective stats. That being said, I would list them in the following order:

1. Matt Rose - LCA

2. Drew Trimble - LCA

3. Quinn Pergande - Sayre

4. Jake Duby - Sayre

5. John Stein - LCA

6. Malik Frank - Frankfort

7. Kyle Rode - LCA

8. Tre King - LCA

9. Jalen Washington - Frankfort

10A. Alex Chen - Model

10B. Ephraim Otieno - Model

10C. Anthony Robinson - Frankfort

Looks great. I admittedly haven't seen as many of the kids as you, so I'll definitely take your word for it. Much of my rankings came from last and this year's expectations coming into the season, so I can definitely see how I've omitted a kid like Duby or Frank.