Covington Catholic vs Moeller (OH) 1.13.15 Predictions

Moe is 5-5 but have played a really challenging schedule.

Lost to Taylor County by 4 or so in a tourney in Florida.

Best player is a kid named McBride that transferred from Bacon. I think he's about 6'0 but leads the GCL in rebounding.

Really bad down year for Moe this season... they do not have the horses to compete with CovCath.

The Blue Colonels by 15+

Do you think CCH is a lot better than Taylor County? 14-3. Frakes has TC 5th in the state.

I know nothing about Taylor County.

I am very familiar with most of the players from CovCath and Moeller though. I like CovCath by 15+

Gotcha. TC has a high-major D1 guard and a young potential D1 guard. The close game with them tells me Moe can play.

Gotcha. TC has a high-major D1 guard and a young potential D1 guard. The close game with them tells me Moe can play.

Without knowing the dynamics of that game, who played or who didn't, match ups... etc, its hard to tell.

I like the quality of CovCath's players... and love their coaching and system. Then again, maybe the underclassmen from Moe are stepping up?

I like Covington Catholic in this one. Maybe not by 15+, but by 6-10. Moeller played Taylor County tough, but from seeing them, they look to play up or down to competition at times (Taylor County). Covington Catholic is pretty consistent, and they pretty much do what they do on any night.

Cov Cath - Moeller will be no more that 4-5 points either way. I would say CovCath by 4 even though it's at Moeller. If the Colonels are caught looking ahead to Friday's game with NCC, they will get beat. I have seen Moeller twice; not the same depth as in the past, but playing at home makes this game closer. Looking forward to Friday's match-up No1 and No2.

Taylor County is the one game where you can point to and say, Moeller could win tomorrow.

However, there are about 3 or 4 games on Moeller's season to date where you roll your eyes and don't know how CovCath doesn't throttle them. Some real head-scratching losses.

That said, I'll take CovCath by 6-8 at Moeller. A hard fought, tough, road win that should help the team down the road.

The McBride kid is good, and comes from great genes, but I don't think a 6', 170 pound kid, is going to be enough to beat CovCath. I believe he averages 13 and 8 (sorry if that is in a post above), and I would take the under for both numbers for him tomorrow night.

Taylor County is the one game where you can point to and say, Moeller could win tomorrow.

However, there are about 3 or 4 games on Moeller's season to date where you roll your eyes and don't know how CovCath doesn't throttle them. Some real head-scratching losses.

That said, I'll take CovCath by 6-8 at Moeller. A hard fought, tough, road win that should help the team down the road.

The McBride kid is good, and comes from great genes, but I don't think a 6', 170 pound kid, is going to be enough to beat CovCath. I believe he averages 13 and 8 (sorry if that is in a post above), and I would take the under for both numbers for him tomorrow night.

Does McBride have a younger brother in 8th grade? Duece?