NYPD's Stop & Frisk Policies Take Hits When Audio Hits Open Court

JokersWild24

"I'm sure the the white people in Appalachia that are incarcerated for drugs may disagree with your assertion.

Police target poor neighborhoods because that is where the majority of crime is committed. As you say, stats don't lie."

I'm talking nationwide, not a specific region. White people are not incarcerated at the same rates of minorities. Also, I honestly believe our prison system has become a profit-run system. That is the main reason for poor neighborhoods. Easier to get a poor kid put in jail.

Edited by jrfrank56

Again because violent crimes happen more often police have a greater presence. If there is a greater police presence the likely hood of a crime being uncovered increases. It's simple logic.

This is about the NYPD stop and frisk program, where the stats showed that 1.5 times out of ten violent crime happened. That is not enough to say lets continue to frisk minorities at a greater rate than white people, even though we found more weapons on them and the same amount of drugs on them.

Are we going to act like these poor neighborhoods aren't normally more dangerous and need a greater police presence ? If we agree with that then the rest makes sense.

Also if your trying to preach to me the war on drugs is a failure we can agree on that.

I agree with that, but to act like some crimes, such as drug abuse, are only mostly being used in poor neighborhoods I disagree. The police can easily target other neighborhoods and find that drug use could easily be found as well. This is where I say it is easier to bring a person from a poor neighborhood (predominately blacK) and bring him up on charges ,as oppose to a better neighborhood (mostly white).

Everyone does drugs, but only minorities are punished for it - Vox

"I'm sure the the white people in Appalachia that are incarcerated for drugs may disagree with your assertion.

Police target poor neighborhoods because that is where the majority of crime is committed. As you say, stats don't lie."

I'm talking nationwide, not a specific region. White people are not incarcerated at the same rates of minorities. Also, I honestly believe our prison system has become a profit-run system. That is the main reason for poor neighborhoods. Easier to get a poor kid put in jail.

I was pointing out that whites are incarcerated where they are the majority of the population.

Poor neighborhoods do not exist due to jails.

For jails to be "for profit", everyone would have to be "in on it". LEO. county/district attorneys, Commonwealth attorneys, judges. Doesn't seem very likely does it?

Hahaha... a few weeks ago it was that I loved anarchy in high school basketball because I hoped Cordia kids got eligible.

My life mission must change frequently.

Don't be so sensitive and take this as an attack on all police, just an "let's own the problems we have and make it better".

I'm not a bit sensitive Joker. I really don't care too much if you like the police or not as it does not affect me one way or the other. I was just noting something pretty obvious.

Happy New Year!