NYPD's Stop & Frisk Policies Take Hits When Audio Hits Open Court

JokersWild24

I always wondered what happened to Pedro Serrano after he retired from baseball. I'd always assumed he'd be working the Cleveland Indians fantasy camps/memorabilia circuit with Roger Dorn, Wild Thing Vaughn and Willie Mays Hayes--or maybe working as a voodoo priest. I never thought he'd end up a whistleblower with the NYPD.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

Sorry, wrong link earlier.

Cop ordered in secret recording to stop-and-frisk young blacks males - NY Daily News

"“So what am I supposed to do: Stop every black and Hispanic?” Serrano was heard saying on the tape, which was recorded last month at the 40th Precinct in the Bronx..."

"“I have no problem telling you this,” the inspector said on the tape. “Male blacks. And I told you at roll call, and I have no problem [to] tell you this, male blacks 14 to 21."

Nah, racial profiling doesn't exist... *crickets*

Of course it exists. Who has said it doesn't? We have hundreds of thousands of cops in this country. There will be some bad ones. That doesn't mean the vast majority are not good. Is it your life mission JW to find any negative police story you can and post it? We get it...you don't like the police. You have made that abundantly clear...

Of course it exists. Who has said it doesn't? We have hundreds of thousands of cops in this country. There will be some bad ones. That doesn't mean the vast majority are not good. Is it your life mission JW to find any negative police story you can and post it? We get it...you don't like the police. You have made that abundantly clear...

I suggested it in another thread (not law enforcement-specific).

I guess I hang with the wrong blacks. :D

I guess with situations like this, there are questions that need to be asked. Such as, what is being done about targeting certain racial groups like this or are police targeting poor neighborhoods because they know the people can't afford a good defense attorney? I also say that as a person that respects cops and what they do and hope that people can differentiate between good (majority) and bad ones (few).

I'm afraid that due to tension of garner and the two police officers, that more racial tension is going to increase and that is not a good thing. Hopefully, more people can look to this girl as an example...

http://gawker.com/eric-garners-daughter-visited-the-slain-nypd-officers-m-1674254834

Hahaha... a few weeks ago it was that I loved anarchy in high school basketball because I hoped Cordia kids got eligible.

My life mission must change frequently.

Don't be so sensitive and take this as an attack on all police, just an "let's own the problems we have and make it better".

I guess with situations like this, there are questions that need to be asked. Such as, what is being done about targeting certain racial groups like this or are police targeting poor neighborhoods because they know the people can't afford a good defense attorney? I also say that as a person that respects cops and what they do and hope that people can differentiate between good (majority) and bad ones (few).

I'm afraid that due to tension of garner and the two police officers, that more racial tension is going to increase and that is not a good thing. Hopefully, more people can look to this girl as an example...

Eric Garner's Daughter Visited the Slain NYPD Officers' Memorial Today

Police target poor neighborhoods because that is where a majority violent crime happens. Stats don't lie.

White people use drugs at the same rate as minorities and are not close to incarceration rate of minorities. In the NYC stop and frisk program, stats also show that 1.5 out 10 times, minorities are stopped for violent crime. They even found more weapons on the white people they frisked. Stats don't lie in those cases. Police target poor neighborhoods because they know it is easier to lock up poor people, most of which are black, or is that a lie your professor told you as well?

White people use drugs at the same rate as minorities and are not close to incarceration rate of minorities. In the NYC stop and frisk program' date=' stats also show that 1.5 out 10 times, minorities are stopped for violent crime. They even found more weapons on the white people they frisked. Stats don't lie in those cases. Police target poor neighborhoods because they know it is easier to lock up poor people, most of which are black, or is that a lie your professor told you as well?[/quote']

You can pick and choose whatever statistics you want.

The post about violent crime is absolutely correct.

http://m.nydailynews.com/imageprocessor?image=http%3a%2f%2fassets.nydailynews.com%2fpolopoly_fs%2f1.1522939.1384919168!%2fimg%2fhttpImage%2fimage.jpg_gen%2fderivatives%2farticle_970%2fgraphic-crime20-1119.jpg&width=320

Should police ignore these facts?

An article I posted earlier says the murder rate in NYC two decades ago was over 6 people per day, mostly black and Hispanic.

It's now significantly lower, actually less than 1 per day. Would that have something to do with police?

White people use drugs at the same rate as minorities and are not close to incarceration rate of minorities. In the NYC stop and frisk program, stats also show that 1.5 out 10 times, minorities are stopped for violent crime. They even found more weapons on the white people they frisked. Stats don't lie in those cases. Police target poor neighborhoods because they know it is easier to lock up poor people, most of which are black, or is that a lie your professor told you as well?

I'm sure the the white people in Appalachia that are incarcerated for drugs may disagree with your assertion.

Police target poor neighborhoods because that is where the majority of crime is committed. As you say, stats don't lie.

Again because violent crimes happen more often police have a greater presence. If there is a greater police presence the likely hood of a crime being uncovered increases. It's simple logic.