Who will be the new McCracken County football coach?

big blue 09

What are the chances Joe Morris entertains this job???

NONE, nada, NO!

and

why would he, he has the perfect gig at Mf. McCracken County is a dead end in that you are never going to win a title there. A regional title is as good as it will get.

The out of state coach I am hearing though would be huge

NONE, nada, NO!

and

why would he, he has the perfect gig at Mf. McCracken County is a dead end in that you are never going to win a title there. A regional title is as good as it will get.

The out of state coach I am hearing though would be huge

Scott County won a title very recently, it can be done by teams outside of T and X.

Scott County won a title very recently, it can be done by teams outside of T and X.

Yes it can but the odds speak volumes. They have ever advantage in their favor from the tradition to the larger metro area to draw, ect, ect, ect...... I say it cant be done consistently and history seems to agree. That said I would love to see Mc do it

What's the list of champions per class since going to 6 classes?

1A- Mayfield, Hazard, LCA, Beechwood (the only other participant in the finals has been Williamsburg and Fairview)

2A- Ft. Campbell, DeSales, NewCath (O'Cath and Caldwell County are the only others to play for a 2A Title)

3A- Central, Belfry, Tilghman (Wayne County and Somerset are the only others to play for a 3A Title)

4A- Boyle, Highlands, Collins, LexCath, Bell County (Bullitt East, Lone Oak, Franklin-Simpson & Owensboro are the only others to play for a 4A Title)

5A- BG, Highlands, Pulaski (Graves, Cooper, Anderson County, John Hardin and Christian County are the only others to play for the 5A Title)

6A- X, T, Scott County (PRP, Simon Kenton, Male, Dixie Heights, X, T and Meade County all have been runner ups)

Toothpick, I'm as guilty as the next guy when thinking all of the bad, terrible, lost hope thoughts when it comes to 6A...but, when it get's down to it (and, not to hijack this thread), but 6 Classes has put the X and T's in every class. Unless you are one of about 5-6 schools in each class, your realistic shot at winning it is slim to none... & unless you are in a group of about 10 or so, you're chance of even getting there is null and void.

Sounds wrong saying that your chance of getting to the finals and winning it are about the same in classes 1-5 as it is in 6A, but...that's been the case. Heck, 6A has been more wide open than others. Matter of fact, 1A, 2A and 3A have been the toughest roads....bigger gap in the haves and have nots at least in terms of getting there.

Edited by Harry Doyle