If South Warren was in 5A...

You said they would have lost the second round 5A game to Graves but "certainly" would have won their 4A district.

Graves lost to Franklin-Simpson.

The very first game of the year. I'll admit I was dubious on the difference in Graves before last Friday, but it seems clear their improvement was for real.

No one can take that win away from Franklin-Simpson and it is still rather stunning to me that it happened as it was then. But does it give you any pause that the result would have been the same at the end of the year when Graves County annihilated Hoptown a mere week before the Tigers took the Wildcats to double overtime? My prediction is predicated on the belief that Graves improved by a significant amount. Also, South Warren would have had to make the long trip west in contrast to Franklin which hosted.

South Warren dogwalked no less than three teams that put up better efforts against Franklin-Simpson than they did the Spartans. Maybe we could throw out East since it could be argued they improved. Maybe we could throw out Greenwood since an 18 point win and a 32 aren't terribly far apart. But the Russellville result is rather telling. In any case, the cumulative of the three says to me that South Warren would win that district. But who knows. We'll get to find that one out next year as those two will likely be the district favorites.

The very first game of the year. I'll admit I was dubious on the difference in Graves before last Friday, but it seems clear their improvement was for real.

No one can take that win away from Franklin-Simpson and it is still rather stunning to me that it happened as it was then. But does it give you any pause that the result would have been the same at the end of the year when Graves County annihilated Hoptown a mere week before the Tigers took the Wildcats to double overtime? My prediction is predicated on the belief that Graves improved by a significant amount. Also, South Warren would have had to make the long trip west in contrast to Franklin which hosted.

South Warren dogwalked no less than three teams that put up better efforts against Franklin-Simpson than they did the Spartans. Maybe we could throw out East since it could be argued they improved. Maybe we could throw out Greenwood since an 18 point win and a 32 aren't terribly far apart. But the Russellville result is rather telling. In any case, the cumulative of the three says to me that South Warren would win that district. But who knows. We'll get to find that one out next year as those two will likely be the district favorites.

Russellville always gives a supreme effort against FS. Russellville also played SW on a Thursday night after having played Mayfield toe to toe the previous Friday night in a huge district matchup. The East game was played in the monsoon. A big district game for both. Hoptown was FS's stinker of the year.

After seeing SW I had doubts about FS beating SW this year. Or next for that matter. We will see.