Will Magoffin County Have A Football Team

Boston Rob

With the after effects of the decision by the High School Principal last year to hire a Head Coach with ZERO (0) FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE end Magoffin County Football or will the new Principal step up and do the right thing and hire someone who knows football. If not this may finally put an end to the Magoffin County Football Program.

It just dosen't seem right that the school system would let this go on. But they do and it's a shame because all of the students can't be basketball players.

Does anyone have any information on this?

I heard from a friend of mine that is in the know concerning the administration in Magoffin County, that they have been in contact with Chuke Williams. I believe he may have started the program their.

I think he would be reasonable successful.

We'll have to wait and see if they will address the situation, correct it and put the program back on the right track.

The solution however is not to say "if it fails we'll just turn the Football Field into a Soccer field".

• 3 weeks later...

Football at Magoffin was apart of my life for 6 years. I just could not see why the school would let it just die, these young guys need to know how enjoyable the game of football is, and come out and play for the hornets. The only problem with Magoffin county is trying to get the right people to want to play. I mean whenever I played football my senior year I had to beg my very good friends to play, they would say that they would suck or something like that and have never played football, I said so you can learn. Well they finally got on the field and had wished that had played many more years along side me and my teammates. Moral of that little story is they need to keep the football program.

• 2 weeks later...

Its time squirt or get off the pot, either hire a coach who is reputable and is comitted to staying around and wants to do whatever it takes to make this program successful or pull the plug on it and save these poor kids the embarasment. The choice is yours Maggofin County. This is what stinks. There are still schools in this state who want to have a football team but cant. Here is a school that has a football team but apparently just dont want it. Its both sad and tragic.

Magoffin is doing it the right way this time. The job is being advertised and a selection committee has been formed to screen the applicants. Those on the committee are all football supporters. The board has said they will help fund the program and the most important fact is the principal is 100% behind building a successful program.

Magoffin is doing it the right way this time. The job is being advertised and a selection committee has been formed to screen the applicants. Those on the committee are all football supporters. The board has said they will help fund the program and the most important fact is the principal is 100% behind building a successful program.

But its MAY, this should have happened over the winter not 2 months before summer practice starts.