14th Region Officials

I'd just like to commend the officiating crew that called the 14th region semi-finals and finals. I've been watching 14th region basketball since the late '80's, and this crew was the best I've seen in that time. I don't expect officiating to be perfect (and this crew wasn't). What I expect is consistency on both ends of the court, and these guys did just that. They let the players play and decide the game, instead of calling every foul that was committed.

I'm sure there are people that don't see it as I do, but I was really impressed by this crew. I wish they would call our regional tourny every year....

Too often officiating is blasted when people think it's bad, but it's never commended for being good. So, I'd like to take this opportunity to say it...Great job guys! Thanks to you and 4 great teams, I was treated to best friday and saturday night of 14th region tourny action that I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

I was really impressed with the 12th region officials.

Hopefully our guys called just as good a tournament for their region.:thumb:

Maybe our regions an swap every year.

From what I read in another post, the 14th officials werent so great.

I was really impressed with the 12th region officials.

Hopefully our guys called just as good a tournament for their region.:thumb:

Maybe our regions an swap every year.

The top 12th Region officials are outstanding. Very rarely do I ever see anything fishy go down with those guys.

I thought the guys from the 12th did a fine job. There were a few missed calls, but there always will be in any game. At no point during the 14th tournament was there that fishy smell in the air when you know somebody is getting it put to them.

This tournament saw every game go down to the wire, and no outcome was affected by the officiating. The players decided who won.

From what I read in another post, the 14th officials werent so great.

Other than the Boyle-McCreary 5 point game, there weren't any close games in the 12th region. How can anyone blame the 14th officials for mostly double digit wins?:confused: The guys the 14th sent are all quality officials. Boyle, evidently, simply had the best team in the 12th. Their win over South Laurel this season is proof of that.