Cats Pause 13th Region Preview

This doesn't surprise me at all. I know for a fact that he was shopped to Clay County and they wouldn't put his dad on the bench so he went else where. I also agree there is no way there is enough shots for that group of kids. And if u are gonna lose a couple players due to a 3 month player I think it's crazy. But who knows it may work out and get them rupp. With the chemistry issue with broughton and Asher already just don't see how this helps at all. Kid had been to more schools than coach Cal recruiting

Well,,the way some of these kids move around they should give up basketball and go on Dancing with the Stars..

I don't know how this will work out for north. It is gonna be very interesting to watch. Rice has been to Bell co, corbin and now north and he is just a freshman and collier started out years ago at south, went to north in 8th grade, transferred to southwestern for his freshman and soph years, then to jackson for his jr year and now back to north for his sr year. There are some issues with being happy with these two kids or there wouldnt be that many moves. North is loaded. No question there. I guess we wait and see how it all works out. I hope they do not loose some younger kids to other sports or transfer because I always believed Norths best teams was next year and the year after.

Headhunter you are correct. I never meant he played high school ball at bell co. Just meant he was in the Bell Co. system until he went to Corbin.

Also was at Bell County only because his mother was employed in the school system there. He hardly was there for athletic reasons. The fact he was there was there has no bearing on high school basketball. He was at Corbin as a middle school player playing up. But as far as his high school career it has only been a single school, North Laurel. I am not sure you could possibly compare his situation to kids who have bounced from school to school in their high school careers.

GHITP, I agree with you. Great young man. My oldest has played alot of ball with him. I was just saying his early years are similar to collier. Almost the same except collier never quit in middle of a high school season and transferred to another school. Rice will improve greatly if he will stay at north and work hard. Brad is a work a holic

Rice was an 8th grader when he played the half year at Corbin.

We hated to lose him at Corbin, but wish him nothing but the best. He will probably be one of the top 2 or 3 players in the region in a couple of years if he continues working hard.