Covington Catholic 5 Boone County 1

CCH goals scored by Ballow (3), Pohlabeln, Hildreth

Assists by Litzler (2), Massey, might be one more that I missed......sorry.

Cannot remember who scored for Boone.....was a 30 yarder that went in.

OTB apologizes to the refs......one or two times he was vocal but you had already made the call...the whistle didn't travel well up the stands...

.....that last pull down should have been a pk and a card......still a foul even if the score is 5-1

Brock scored the goal for Boone on a throw in. He one-touched the ball and blasted it in the upper 90 on angle. A pretty decent shot.

I agree, that pull down was the worst infraction of the game but CCH shouldn't complain too much. Not many calls went against them in this one. Congratulations to CCH. They dominated this game. That's a fine looking team.

OTB84: Which "O" were you? There are two in "Colonels" (discussion from the other thread).

Brock scored the goal for Boone on a throw in. He one-touched the ball and blasted it in the upper 90 on angle. A pretty decent shot.

I agree, that pull down was the worst infraction of the game but CCH shouldn't complain too much. Not many calls went against them in this one.

I guess this just proves that two people can watch the same game and see two different matches. I thought the BC shot was more of a floater, that the CCH goalie should have dealt with. Plenty of time to react, but seemed frozen in his tracks. Maybe the lights were in his eyes.

I thought foul calls were pretty even in this game, but shouldn't have been. Center let too much go on the Boone side, especially late when they were probably a little frustrated with the score. Mayberry is a good player, and I can understand why he is frustrated, however, he should have been penalized on a number of late tackles that were not called.

OTB84: LOL! Well I saw you there, then. In case you were wondering (again from the other thread), I was the guy whose singlet was stretched beyond all propriety.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember the Olympic weight-lifter from Russia, but I make Vasily Alekseyev look buff.

Edited by oldgrappler

Some ugly soccer in this game. A couple of nice goals by CCH but overall a sloppy performance. Mayberry played well for Boone. 30 yard blooper goal for Boone was the first score and seemed to wake CCH up.

Groinpull,

I didn't make the CCH-Highlands game as you suggested. Too cold for me. Glad I missed it. Wouldn't have wanted to see the game you described. Curious why you say this game was ugly.

I noticed that #11 and #12 were missing from CCH. I assume they are injured. Will they be back? CCH seemed to miss them last night.

I thought #7 played hard when I watched him in the NCC game. Last night he played both hard, and was very effective.

Defensively this was a worse performance. #1 for Boone really tested them, and it took a while for them to adjust to his speed and tenacity. As was mentioned on another thread, CCH is struggling to maintain clean sheets. I would think that would worry them.

CCH should have had more goals, but they also gave some opportunities that they maybe shouldn't have to BC. In the end, it was probably about the right scoreline.

Groinpull,

I didn't make the CCH-Highlands game as you suggested. Too cold for me. Glad I missed it. Wouldn't have wanted to see the game you described. Curious why you say this game was ugly.

I noticed that #11 and #12 were missing from CCH. I assume they are injured. Will they be back? CCH seemed to miss them last night.

I thought #7 played hard when I watched him in the NCC game. Last night he played both hard, and was very effective.

Defensively this was a worse performance. #1 for Boone really tested them, and it took a while for them to adjust to his speed and tenacity. As was mentioned on another thread, CCH is struggling to maintain clean sheets. I would think that would worry them.

CCH should have had more goals, but they also gave some opportunities that they maybe shouldn't have to BC. In the end, it was probably about the right scoreline.

Yes, #11 and #12 were both out last night (Bryce Day and Joe Schuh) due to injury. Their return is uncertain from what I understand and yes, those are two of CCH's best players, both in the midfield. This is one of the reasons the game was "ugly" to me as CCH seemed to be kicking the ball around too much without them. I agree that CCH was less than stellar defensively in a lot of areas and Mayberry caused some problems for them. Until they get a little more speed back there they will have some issues. CCH starting keeper has missed the last three games as well.

It should also be said, Ballow had three goals, and was taken out early in the 2nd half after scoring his third goal. The coach was not going to let him back in to score more despite being only 2 away from the school single game scoring record. He definitely had a chance in this game. Given the recent discussions about another team on another thread, just another way of approaching things.

I'm not trying to justify anything; I'm simply stating a fact. I said in my other post on the other thread that I would have taken him out sooner. I however do not want anyone to misinterpret Offsides and come to the conclusion that this player from "that" team was allowed to stay in to break a record. He wasn't.

But not only did he score 7 goals, he also had an assist........so he was in for 8 of the 10 goals........against a much lower tiered opponent.

I did read your post and you are consistent ......you did say you would have pulled him.....but taking out at goal 3 and goal 7 with an assist, really aren't comparable.......

I know......I know. :deadhorse: