Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 1 Highlands 0 (Boys)

Featured Replies

A score can be 1-0. Losing team have 80% possession. Losing team missed a dozen chances. Winning team had one chance and capitalized. Score isn't always a good indicator. Simply asking how the game was played.

 

So in this case, I'd say the score is a fair result/reflection of the game. I'd guess possession was fairly even... maybe 40-40-20, Cooper-HHS-ball boys. OK maybe that's an exaggeration, but you get the point. It's a really narrow, grass-ish field... a string of 4 or 5 passes is good possession on this field. Its not an excuse... just the reality of playing on that particular field. I'd say chances were fairly even over the course of the whole game and both keepers did a nice job. O'Brien and Ross (and young Mr. Snow) are as good as advertised, but that's no big secret at this point.

 

If you like your football with lots of buildup snd possession, I'd skip the Cooper/NCC game at Moescher on Saturday as I'd guess field conditions will be similar.

I was in attendance at the game and stepped down on the field at the end of the j.v. game. The quality of the pitch was absolutely atrocious. Highlands started a little rough on their defense but quickly corrected themselves and showed how well they can possess the ball and how well their build up was. Definitely one of the better teams in the region who can move the ball out of the back. (even on bad surfaces)

I was in attendance at the game and stepped down on the field at the end of the j.v. game. The quality of the pitch was absolutely atrocious. Highlands started a little rough on their defense but quickly corrected themselves and showed how well they can possess the ball and how well their build up was. Definitely one of the better teams in the region who can move the ball out of the back. (even on bad surfaces)

 

What good does it do you to build out of the back and possess the ball if you cannot create good looks on goal? All I have read on the site since soccer began is how Highlands has no offensive push. Great to possess ball, but it just cannot be in the 2/3's of the field that does not matter.

  • Author
What good does it do you to build out of the back and possess the ball if you cannot create good looks on goal? All I have read on the site since soccer began is how Highlands has no offensive push. Great to possess ball, but it just cannot be in the 2/3's of the field that does not matter.

 

I would agree that they did possess the ball well, but to your point... they really never had a solid threat through normal play. Their only realistic chances at a goal last night came off a couple set pieces and corner kicks.

What good does it do you to build out of the back and possess the ball if you cannot create good looks on goal? All I have read on the site since soccer began is how Highlands has no offensive push. Great to possess ball, but it just cannot be in the 2/3's of the field that does not matter.

 

doing this should start good offense, Highlands had many opportunities when doing this but could not execute to put the ball in the back of the net. no power in the attacking third.

Now wait a minute. Yellow Card says no good looks and soccerfan says many opportunities. Which was it?

  • Author

Cooper goalie was credited with 8 saves, at least half of these came off of corners or free kicks. I only remember them taking a few shots on goal during the run of play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.