Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 1 Highlands 0 (Boys)

Featured Replies

Snow had a late curler around the goalie to get the win for Cooper.

  • Author

A big Kudos to the HHS coaching staff for making a point, after the match, to congratulate Snow on the nice goal.

Highlands have the majority of the possession? Just curious. Thought Cooper would have at least a couple during the game.

  • Author

Possession was pretty even, Cooper might have actually had a slight advantage, Highland's goalie did make a couple nice saves, as did Cooper's.

 

Cooper did have a handful of chances that they either rushed, or did not execute well, or the score would have been closer to what you are suggesting. On the positive side, Cooper's defense held firm in the second half as Highland's was more aggresive in their build up, and Snow converted the only scoring chance he had on the night.

Highlands have the majority of the possession? Just curious. Thought Cooper would have at least a couple during the game.

 

Possession on Cooper's 54 yard wide grass football field that is also used for soccer probably isn't the best metric for measuring success. I'd look o the score line as a good indicator of how the game went. BTW... the Jags don't have another home (soccer) game until early October.

  • Author
Possession on Cooper's 54 yard wide grass football field that is also used for soccer probably isn't the best metric for measuring success. I'd look o the score line as a good indicator of how the game went. BTW... the Jags don't have another home (soccer) game until early October.

 

This sounds like some wicked scheduling skills being exhibited by the coach.... get all of the home games out of the way ASAP... hopefully the football team will keep the field in prestine condition until the soccer team returns in October.

Sounds like a good game......does this mean that Cooper will receive the lone #1 vote that is usually reserved for the Birds in the next coaches poll? Seems to be the pattern.

A big Kudos to the HHS coaching staff for making a point, after the match, to congratulate Snow on the nice goal.

 

I've heard on a few other occasions very positive things about the professionalism the HHS Men's coaches have displayed.

I noticed you mentioned the "men's" side.......from different threads.......is that the same for the young ladies' side?

  • Author
Sounds like a good game......does this mean that Cooper will receive the lone #1 vote that is usually reserved for the Birds in the next coaches poll? Seems to be the pattern.

 

The lone #1 vote was actually passed to Brossart last week, until I see differently, I am of the opinion that this vote is being held for a Campbell Co squad. I would have been good with this approach last week if had been passed to NCC, I feel they are the most deserving in the County.

 

I guess we will have to wait and see what the new poll brings... I at lease hope the number of coaches that votes gets above 7.

  • Author
I've heard on a few other occasions very positive things about the professionalism the HHS Men's coaches have displayed.

 

I believe this is well deserved... It was nice to see that they took the time to have a quick chat in the parking lot to offer their positive comments and well wishes. I will also offer that this was right after a tough loss in a well played game by both sides.

 

I wish them, and their team, well the rest of the season and hope they can make a run at defending their regional title.

I noticed you mentioned the "men's" side.......from different threads.......is that the same for the young ladies' side?

 

 

I was only being specific for purposes of pointing out it was the men's coach I've heard through reliable 1st hand accounts on his very positive and sportsmanship manner and behavior and not intended to imply anything else in terms of that other thread.

  • Author

Hey wait, are you calling me one of these RELIABLE sources... no one has ever done that before!!! :taz:

Possession on Cooper's 54 yard wide grass football field that is also used for soccer probably isn't the best metric for measuring success. I'd look o the score line as a good indicator of how the game went. BTW... the Jags don't have another home (soccer) game until early October.

 

A score can be 1-0. Losing team have 80% possession. Losing team missed a dozen chances. Winning team had one chance and capitalized. Score isn't always a good indicator. Simply asking how the game was played.

Hey wait, are you calling me one of these RELIABLE sources... no one has ever done that before!!! :taz:

 

as I've stated many times in my life, I maybe dumb but I'm not an idiot.

 

on a serious note, any comments i may make on this board are based on information I've received from people I've physically spoken and personally consider to be reliable or I've observed first hand.

 

like many on here I've heard a ton about various items raised on this board but have chosen to not comment about unless they fall into the above criteria.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.