Scott 2 Highlands 2 (Boys)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott vs highlands game was a terrible officiated game. Not saying it impacted the score much because highlands only had about 5 on goal when I'd say Scott had around 10-12 but the center ref without a doubt was on the highlands side with them having double digit fouls and Scott only having about 5. I'd say Scott had about 60-70 possession and looked the better team just couldn't convert a lot of chances.

Scott vs highlands game was a terrible officiated game. Not saying it impacted the score much because highlands only had about 5 on goal when I'd say Scott had around 10-12 but the center ref without a doubt was on the highlands side with them having double digit fouls and Scott only having about 5. I'd say Scott had about 60-70 possession and looked the better team just couldn't convert a lot of chances.

Agree 100 percent with what you say here.

I know the ARs decide before the game which side they are going to be on, but I thought the center ran a diagonal on the field. Am I confused?

I think you are confused. I believe what the Scott fans are saying is that the ref was trying to help Highlands win the game by making calls in their favor.

I think you are confused. I believe what the Scott fans are saying is that the ref was trying to help Highlands win the game by making calls in their favor.

Oh my! They shouldn't be allowed to ref if they are going to try to help one team win.

Here was WCPO.com's write-up:

SCOTT 2, HIGHLANDS 2 – Bluebirds junior defender Brady Gesenhues netted the tying goal with 14 minutes left in the second half.

Gesenhues, who also assisted on Highlands’ first goal, fired his shot from 25 yards out into the right side of the net.

The Eagles had taken a 2-1 lead on an unassisted goal by senior forward Luke Treadway with 22:24 left in the match.

HALFTIME: 1-1. GOALS: S—Schneider, Treadway. H—Groneck, Gesenhues. RECORDS: Scott 0-0-1, Highlands 0-0-1.

See entire boys' soccer roundup here -->8/19 BSOC: Dixie scores 4 late to tie Boone - Story

They are Ok too I guess but they can't score much normally. I think the coaches should try some other players up there if we keep having trouble scoring. You know the old saying of if you can't score you can't win the games.

Scott only attacked with 2 and dropped 9 back on defense. With that strategy the scoring 2 isn't the issue, but the giving up 2 while dropping that many, is more than likely the issue.

They are Ok too I guess but they can't score much normally. I think the coaches should try some other players up there if we keep having trouble scoring. You know the old saying of if you can't score you can't win the games.

If you are suggesting to put other players " up there " referring to Schneider and Treadway you won't find any better attacking threat on the Scott team, or most of NKY for that matter. Knowing almost every current player at Scott I know this is true. Morgan being one of Scott's returning leading goal scorers and being one of the better midfielders around there's no one at Scott that I could see playing in his tracks. ( Also adds a qaulity goal scoring threat ) Hegerty is a sneaky little player and you never know with him, he provides help in the central area of the field. I also believe he had a couple goals himself in the past years. Scott has no issues with their offense, they lack on the defensive side but from what I heard and seen their are signs of improvement.