Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches' Poll Week 1

Featured Replies

Tough without seeing everyone but on paper:

 

1. CCH

2. ST H / Scott (If young Mr T plays a little more team style)

3. NDA

4. HHS/NCC

5. CC

6. Brossart

7. St Henry girls

8. Dixie/HC

9. Villa

 

 

I do not see how you can put NDA above NCC, I would move NCC up and drop NDA to the line with HHS. Besides that change, and you having 12 in your top 10, I think you nailed it.

Why is Boone getting no love?

Tough without seeing everyone but on paper:

 

1. CCH

2. ST H / Scott (If young Mr T plays a little more team style)

3. NDA

4. HHS/NCC

5. CC

6. Brossart

7. St Henry girls

8. Dixie/HC

9. Villa

 

Is it also tough mixing boys and girls teams together? and Villa? come on . . their girls team has 7th graders on Varsity, and I'm guessing it's not because they are soccer phenoms.

Tough without seeing everyone but on paper:

 

1. CCH

2. ST H / Scott (If young Mr T plays a little more team style)

3. NDA

4. HHS/NCC

5. CC

6. Brossart

7. St Henry girls

8. Dixie/HC

9. Villa

 

This is a little hard to read with boys and girls combined. If you have the CRU at #2 on the boys side, I think that's too high. Also I would venture to say Cooper and Boone would be in the top ten, certainly ahead of Dixie and Villa. I would not venture a guess at the girls but I don't see any glaring errors or omissions in the coaches' poll. I might move Scott to #3 but so much depends on one player.

  • Author

Newest coaches poll. Interesting that NCC drops after winning a couple of games and Ryle jumps up so much. And Highlands, after a 6-0 drubbing by Trinity jumps up two spots and continues to garner a first place vote?

 

1. Covington Catholic ( 4 )

49

 

2. Ryle

35

 

3. Highlands ( 1 )

34

 

4. Brossart

30

 

5. Newport Catholic

25

 

6. Scott

22

 

7. Boone County

21

 

8. Cooper

20

 

9. St. Henry

19

 

10. Simon Kenton

8

 

Others: Campbell County 5, Dixie Heights 4, Grant County 2, Conner 1

Hard to put a lot of weight in this, only 5 coaches voted, down from 7 last week. How many can vote? I am guessing 15-20.

5 coaches voted? Not much to go on this early in the year and only 5 voting. Looks like some teams play each other this week which will help sort things out a little.

 

Brossart v Boone

NCC v St Henry

Campbell v Cooper

Conner v Simon

Scott v Ryle

Highlands v Simon

HHS receiving a first place vote in the initial poll was questionable, after last weeks results it has moved beyond this. It is hard to figure this one out and makes me question the thought, or lack of, that goes into this.

I posted a thought under the "best defender" thread saying that this is also the reason you can't put too much stock into the all star votes as defining the best players/ Some coaches will vote for some teams, or against other teams for reasons other than soccer skill, etc.

I posted a thought under the "best defender" thread saying that this is also the reason you can't put too much stock into the all star votes as defining the best players/ Some coaches will vote for some teams, or against other teams for reasons other than soccer skill, etc.

 

Agree 100%!!! I get that some coaches might not have time to give input, this is unfortunate. But, for those that do take the time, I just wish that they would be objective and actually rate the teams, players, etc... on their results... not their personal feelings.

Kind of hard to sort everything out this early, but when CCH's only seeming question mark at least seemed to be answered ( scoring punch ) against ST Henry, not sure who's not giving them a no. 1 vote.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.