Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches' Poll Week 1

Featured Replies

First coaches' poll of the season is out:

 

Coaches' Polls

 

1. Covington Catholic ( 6 )

69

 

2. Newport Catholic

53

 

3. Brossart

52

 

4. St. Henry

39

 

5. Highlands ( 1 )

38

 

6. Scott

36

 

7. Ryle

34

 

8. Boone County

28

 

9. Cooper

23

 

10. Campbell County

9

 

Others: Dixie Heights 2, Conner 1, Simon Kenton 1

WOW....NCC and Brossart 2 and 3.........WRONG,.\

 

 

Brossart just lost to Ky Kountry Day. They can't even spell the name of the school right...

Looks like only 7 coaches voted, hopefully this number increases in future weeks. At least those that voted seemed to have done a pretty decent job, I do question HHS receiving a first place vote though.

 

I see CCH as the clear favorite and have no issue with NCC and Brossart at 2 and 3, this is a toss up IMO and I could easily see flipping them.

 

The rest of the Top 10 is what I think will prove interesting this season. I could see a handful of these squads coming together, playing well, and challenging NCC and BBHS for that 2nd or 3rd slot behind CCH.

 

I think this will be a very interesting, and entertaining season.

 

Still trying to figure out HHS getting a first place vote. :idunno:

HHS Coach......or HHS beat St H in Soccerama, but it was close, so St H coach gives them a number 1 to elevate their program...

 

Not saying it happened, just giving a scenario.

Looks like only 7 coaches voted, hopefully this number increases in future weeks. At least those that voted seemed to have done a pretty decent job, I do question HHS receiving a first place vote though.

 

I see CCH as the clear favorite and have no issue with NCC and Brossart at 2 and 3, this is a toss up IMO and I could easily see flipping them.

 

The rest of the Top 10 is what I think will prove interesting this season. I could see a handful of these squads coming together, playing well, and challenging NCC and BBHS for that 2nd or 3rd slot behind CCH.

 

I think this will be a very interesting, and entertaining season.

 

Still trying to figure out HHS getting a first place vote. :idunno:

 

I think we can figure the coaches at Brossart, Highlands, and nCc voted.

  • Author

I'd say Brossart is too high and Cooper, Scott and Campbell are rated too low. I'd agree that Highlands at 5 is optimistic too. Not having seen NCC or St. Henry it's hard to comment on them although St. Henry does have a lot of seniors on their roster.

Maybe it should be CCH at #1. Boone, Brossart, Campbell Co, Cooper, Highlands, NCC, Ryle, St Henry and Scott all tied at #2.

Well, we know Covcath will probably control possession all year, but lose the region 1-0, so rankings don't matter.

I'm just glad we have some soccer bantering.

HHS Coach......or HHS beat St H in Soccerama, but it was close, so St H coach gives them a number 1 to elevate their program...

 

Not saying it happened, just giving a scenario.

 

Possible, but I do not see this happening since it was a 2-1 victory over the St Henry reserves.

I'm just glad we have some soccer bantering.

 

Me too!!! As long as the boys(players) are as excited as us, I think we will be in for some good matches over the coming weeks.

WOW....NCC and Brossart 2 and 3.........WRONG,.\

 

 

Brossart just lost to Ky Kountry Day. They can't even spell the name of the school right...

 

It's the first poll of the year and you have to start somewhere. Give us your top 10 then Oldtimer.

I believe NCC will be a top three team in the region. They return the top Goalkeeper and top Defender in Grosser and Hensley. Louis is a natural scorer that was stuck in midfield last year and Freppon is as athletic as any high school player around. Moving Hensley to midfield is an experiment to get more scoring and should provide considerable control in the midfield. After these 4 they have mostly JV experience and need to prove themselves. NCC is considerably better than Brossart and will battle St Henry for the all A regional. NCC will also be a factor in the regional tournament after defeating HHS in the district. Let the games begin and good luck to all.

It's the first poll of the year and you have to start somewhere. Give us your top 10 then Oldtimer.

 

Tough without seeing everyone but on paper:

 

1. CCH

2. ST H / Scott (If young Mr T plays a little more team style)

3. NDA

4. HHS/NCC

5. CC

6. Brossart

7. St Henry girls

8. Dixie/HC

9. Villa

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.