Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NDA 2014

Featured Replies

NDA rosters are up. www.ndavolleyball.com > teams > rosters

  • Author
Triplets?

 

Yes. Awesome kids. All DS/Liberos. All quick, energetic and team players. They kill it in the classroom too.

How often does NDA have more than 1 frosh on varsity?

  • Author
How often does NDA have more than 1 frosh on varsity?

 

Never from what I can remember.

 

Stephenson kid is the daughter of the JV coach who was assaulted last year by parent, Jeff Klare. She has since resigned. Lainey is a setter/OH.

 

Sears kid is from Ohio. Played club at NKYVC with Stephenson and the two other FROSH on the JV roster. Julia is a MH/Opp

 

Overall, a weak freshman class for NDA but definately have the top 4 in the area, in those girls playing JV and varsity.

 

Stephenson and Sears benefit from a weak sophomore class ahead of them. Probably many good freshman came before them who had to wait a little longer into their careers to put on that varsity jersey simply because the older girls were better. Not taking anything away from those two as I'm sure they earned it and are filling a need.

 

However, it is a whole new staff so maybe this is their philosophy.

Varsity roster seems young for NDA. Is it the year for someone else to win the 9th?

 

Overall, a weak freshman class for NDA but definately have the top 4 in the area, in those girls playing JV and varsity.

 

 

All 4 are solid frosh but "definitely the top 4 in the area" is a stretch. Other freshman from that same club will see significant varsity playing time and are just as strong.

 

Although the roster is young, they're still "definitely" the team to beat. They're still likely a pretty big step ahead of Ryle and St. Henry.

  • Author
All 4 are solid frosh but "definitely the top 4 in the area" is a stretch. Other freshman from that same club will see significant varsity playing time and are just as strong.

 

Although the roster is young, they're still "definitely" the team to beat. They're still likely a pretty big step ahead of Ryle and St. Henry.

 

I guess I should have said Top 4 in their positions in their class.

 

I am well aware of the Class of 2018 and who plays where and what level club, etc. There is talent outside of the NDA group but only one, maybe two, per school. And yes, some of the other freshman will see significant time at the varsity level because of the high school they go to. At NDA, waiting your turn is something the girls are used to. The top 4 Frosh at NDA would play varsity at any other school in the Region.

 

Always exciting when the new group of kids try out and start high school. Even more exciting to see where they end up in 4 years. Good luck to all!

Obviously they have no idea about middle school volleyball nor have they ever seen anyone else play because if they had, they would know that Gray and Camp Ernst are consistently better than the other schools. Just because someone doesn't want to go to NDA doesn't mean they aren't good. It's time to wake up NKY, catholic schools aren't like they used to be.

Although Gray and Camp Ernst compete consistently with the parochial grade schools, you're ignoring an important factor. The Gray middle school team is basically Ryle's team 3-5 years from now and Camp Ernst represents what will be Cooper's team in a couple years. NDA is comprised with the best players from 2 - 4 parochial grade schools. By virtue of the parochial feeder program, NDA has 3 - 6 setters in each grade playing ball, 6-10 OH and middle blockers and will benefit from a broader base of developing talent. So, in other words, NDA has 30 - 40 middle school athletes in each grade playing volleyball while Ryle has already culled their talent base to 10 - 12 players.

I guess I should have said Top 4 in their positions in their class.

 

 

I'd still disagree with this statement, but I guess time will tell. NDA certainly has more of that type of talent than any other school.

NDA is comprised with the best players from 2 - 4 parochial grade schools.

 

It's more than that. NDA attracts students from all over - "non-feeder" schools, public schools, even Ohio. Great academics and great sports makes a powerful combo.

It's time to wake up NKY, catholic schools aren't like they used to be.

 

I don't see what's changing. The 9th region has been around since 03 and no public school has ever won it. NCC dominated the 10th region before they got moved out of it.

With the economy in its current state, I've seen many families choose to not send their child to private school to save money and since 2008, many public school teams have gotten increasingly better. Not saying any public school has a "dream team", but the playing field seems to be a lot less lopsided.

To be clear, I am not a NDA hater. I cheer for whichever team makes it out of the 9th region and I'm proud to be a part of arguably the 2nd best region in the state. I can't wait for season to start. It's going to be quite a ride. I just don't want to see Mercy or Assumption win state and I think that's something we can all agree on.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.