Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7th Region 2014-15

Featured Replies

Who are some of the top players coming back in the 7th region? I found this list and I dont think its to bad but I would have the guard Stafford from Trinity atleast in top 10 maybe top 5.

 

Top players 7th region 14-15

Not a bad list. Stafford is a nice player but it's pretty tough to make a case that he's above any of the ten guys on that list.

I want to know more about Waggener, they are a really intriguing team to me. What do they lose from last year and what do they have back? I'm thinking they have a nice foundation from the past season coming back that they can build on.

Who are some of the top players coming back in the 7th region? I found this list and I dont think its to bad but I would have the guard Stafford from Trinity atleast in top 10 maybe top 5.

 

Top players 7th region 14-15

 

Stafford is about right at "others to watch". The only other kid from Trinity that can make a true arguement for top ten would be the Ramser kid. He will be the glue that holds that team together next year.

I want to know more about Waggener, they are a really intriguing team to me. What do they lose from last year and what do they have back? I'm thinking they have a nice foundation from the past season coming back that they can build on.

 

Waggener graduated three SR, two of which were starters. One was their best rebounder and most physical low post player (Maddox), the other (Ingram) best defender and leader of the team.

 

They return a ton of talent, including arguably the best freshman in the state in Devon Cooper. They will have a few SR. next year but the core of the team is So. and FR. You can say they are young but they have played a ton of varsity games.

 

They have closed the gap on Trinity and Ballard but still not close to either one of those programs. They will not beat either one of them this year, and next year when talent is close to equal it is going to have to come down to coaching.

Waggener graduated three SR, two of which were starters. One was their best rebounder and most physical low post player (Maddox), the other (Ingram) best defender and leader of the team.

 

They return a ton of talent, including arguably the best freshman in the state in Devon Cooper. They will have a few SR. next year but the core of the team is So. and FR. You can say they are young but they have played a ton of varsity games.

 

They have closed the gap on Trinity and Ballard but still not close to either one of those programs. They will not beat either one of them this year, and next year when talent is close to equal it is going to have to come down to coaching.

 

Gotcha.

 

What style of play will they employ this season? Up-tempo, slowed down? Press or half court? Man or zone?

 

I'm legitimately intrigued by Waggener. They are a team that the casual observer might not know about, but something tells me that I'd be wary of them if I had to beat them to get out of District/Region. They seem like a team with some talent if nothing else.

I've heard a couple of Trinity players are heading elsewhere. Still not sold on Waggener. I think Ballard will be way better than anyone expects.

Stafford is about right at "others to watch". The only other kid from Trinity that can make a true arguement for top ten would be the Ramser kid. He will be the glue that holds that team together next year.

 

Didn't know HS kids were allowed to have PR guys.

Waggener graduated three SR, two of which were starters. One was their best rebounder and most physical low post player (Maddox), the other (Ingram) best defender and leader of the team.

 

They return a ton of talent, including arguably the best freshman in the state in Devon Cooper. They will have a few SR. next year but the core of the team is So. and FR. You can say they are young but they have played a ton of varsity games.

 

They have closed the gap on Trinity and Ballard but still not close to either one of those programs. They will not beat either one of them this year, and next year when talent is close to equal it is going to have to come down to coaching.

 

I'll take Trinity in that fight.

Didn't know HS kids were allowed to have PR guys.

 

Since you are a Trinity guy, I assume you watched them play this past season. You disagree with my opinion? The thread is about peoples opinions of the 7th region players, I gave mine.

I'll take Trinity in that fight.

 

As will I, and almost any other coach in the 7th.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.