KABC East Vs' West All Star Game Results

Augusta High School’s Brent Bach scored 27 points and Fleming County’s Troy Steward added 26 as the East beat the West 145-129 in Saturday’s Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches All-Star Game at Transylvania University.

The game matched some of the state’s top seniors from Regions 1-8 (West) against those from Regions 9-16 (East).

Lafayette’s Jackson Davis added 23 points and 15 rebounds for the East, which outscored the West 78-62 in the second half after the score was tied at 67 at halftime.

Collins’ Ralphie Stone scored 21 points to lead the West, and Taylor County’s Caleb Wigginton had 19. Other Louisville-area players on the West squad were Fairdale’s Cory Thomas (13 points, 10 rebounds, four assists) and South Oldham’s Kyle Young (two points, eight rebounds, six assists, two steals).

West – Hulbert (St. Mary) 2, Revlett (McLean County) 17, Young (South Oldham) 2, Gardner (Trigg County) 8, Porter-Bunton (Warren Central) 18, Thomas (Fairdale) 13, McDaniel (South Warren) 13, Wigginton (Taylor County) 19, Rentfrow (Marshall County) 16, Stone (Collins) 21.

East – Hollan (Hazard) 15, Wallace (Montgomery County) 7, Davis (Lafayette) 23, Ruckel (Lewis County) 16, Bach (Augusta) 27, Peters (West Jessamine) 12, Steward (Fleming County) 26, Fox (Jackson County) 7, Potter (Bell County) 12.

3-point goals: Revlett 2, Gardner, Porter-Bunton 2, McDaniel 2, Wigginton, Stone 3; Hollan, Wallace, Davis, Ruckel 4, Bach 2, Peters, Steward 3, Fox, Potter 2.

Good game and nice crowd. Would like for the KABC to do a better job of replacing the no shows. Pretty obvious Snider/Martin wasnt going to play. Not sure why Harris from the 6th didnt play. This could really be a good event if players would show up.

Good game and nice crowd. Would like for the KABC to do a better job of replacing the no shows. Pretty obvious Snider/Martin wasnt going to play. Not sure why Harris from the 6th didnt play. This could really be a good event if players would show up.

It needs some promotion,,It is a very well kept secert.......

Would have liked to see them add somebody like Kevin Ndahiro from Thomas Nelson to replace Schooling as a 5th Region representative.

I've gone to this event a few times and I agree that it could stand a bit better promotion. However, the fact that it usually occurs in between the Saturday sessions always depressed attendance, which is understandable.

First, let me say the the KABC did a wonderful job and made it a special opportunity for the players so this is in no way a criticism of what they do or did. However, with the current format at the Sweet 16, I would suggest the following to the KABC to enhance player participation and fan attendance: You could first of all publicize it better general and specifically in conjunction with the Sweet 16. Why couldn't you announce it during the Wed, Thur, Fri sessions? Also, since it's at 1:00 and prior to the Semi final games on Saturday, why couldn't you host it at Rupp? I'm saying this as a fan and parent and I'm sure the politics and logistics of what I suggest may be insurmountable but it would help the game...........

First, let me say the the KABC did a wonderful job and made it a special opportunity for the players so this is in no way a criticism of what they do or did. However, with the current format at the Sweet 16, I would suggest the following to the KABC to enhance player participation and fan attendance: You could first of all publicize it better general and specifically in conjunction with the Sweet 16. Why couldn't you announce it during the Wed, Thur, Fri sessions? Also, since it's at 1:00 and prior to the Semi final games on Saturday, why couldn't you host it at Rupp? I'm saying this as a fan and parent and I'm sure the politics and logistics of what I suggest may be insurmountable but it would help the game...........

You have some great ideas. I like having it during the state tournament. A lot of college coaches attend this game due to being at sweet sixteen. Playing in Rupp would be great. I definitely think you would get a better turnout of players and fans. You are also right on with not announcing at the games. Only thing I can think of is if there is conflict with KABC and KHSAA that I dont know about. I do know that the award ceremony is at the HYATT during state.

There is an announcement for this game during both sessions of the state tournament leading up to the day of the game. Most people don't hear or recognize it which is understandable with everything going on in between games at the state tournament. Also, it is mentioned while the players and coach of the year awards are being presented. Back when we had state tournament programs it was listed in that as well. As far as playing the game at Rupp there is NO WAY Julian would let that happen. Those of you who have ever had any dealings with him know this to be true. Transy is a nice venue to have the event and usually works out well. It's also hard to replace players that don't show up to this event due to the fact that numerous times in the past many players have shown up without notification on the day of the game ready to play. While we may know in advance certain players aren't coming it would be a nightmare to try and find replacements on such short notice. Also, someone would complain about who was picked as the replacement. Far from a perfect system but considering the circumstances involved the KABC does a great job with this event.

There is an announcement for this game during both sessions of the state tournament leading up to the day of the game. Most people don't hear or recognize it which is understandable with everything going on in between games at the state tournament. Also, it is mentioned while the players and coach of the year awards are being presented. Back when we had state tournament programs it was listed in that as well. As far as playing the game at Rupp there is NO WAY Julian would let that happen. Those of you who have ever had any dealings with him know this to be true. Transy is a nice venue to have the event and usually works out well. It's also hard to replace players that don't show up to this event due to the fact that numerous times in the past many players have shown up without notification on the day of the game ready to play. While we may know in advance certain players aren't coming it would be a nightmare to try and find replacements on such short notice. Also, someone would complain about who was picked as the replacement. Far from a perfect system but considering the circumstances involved the KABC does a great job with this event.

Why is it I have attended this game with 3 and 4 hundred people in the stands??