Clark County 56 Montgomery County 46 (10th Region Finals)

First want to say that I have enjoyed watching the MoCo Seniors and wish them the best in the future. Rogers and Conyers played their hearts out.

I knew this GRC team was on a mission, and to win the region is what they all wanted so bad. What a great team effort today by the Cards. GRC led by 19 points at the end of the 3rd quarter. 39-20. Best of luck at state girls. I know you will represent the 10th region well.

Congrats to the Lady Cards and Coach Graham!

Congrats to both teams. GRC will represent the 10th region with pride. Was there a MVP and a All tournament team? Haven't seen anything posted.

Just got in from the game. I wish the Montgomery County Seniors all the best of luck in the future.

So proud of the Lady Cardinals and their determination. Congratulations on winning the 10th region! I am looking forward to Thursday against Corbin!

GRC contained Rogers very well. Used 4 diiferent girls to chase her. Coach Graham utilized his team to win the championship. I know there can only be one MVP but if I could choose one girl for each team it would be Rogers for Montgomery and Graham for GRC..

GRC contained Rogers very well. Used 4 diiferent girls to chase her. Coach Graham utilized his team to win the championship. I know there can only be one MVP but if I could choose one girl for each team it would be Rogers for Montgomery and Graham for GRC..

Thought that Anderson did a great job on Rogers . As I stated before, Rogers played her heart out. She was running off screens trying to get a good shot. Lexxus was awesome today. She ran the team like a PG should. Moco had no answer for her today. Just thought it was a great team effort for GRC . They all played their roles and this is what you want come post season.

[h=1]Bowling Green Bound: Lady Cards beat Montgomery County for 10th Region title[/h]

Lexxus Graham sank three 3-pointers and led the Lady Cardinals with 16 points. Sydney Anderson and Sandra Skinner followed with 11 points each.

The Lady Cards scored the first five points before Montgomery County tallied seven straight for a 7-5 advantage.

Following the Lady Indians' brief spurt, it was all Clark for the remainder of the first half. The Lady Cards scored seven in a row to close out the first quarter and nine straight to open the second frame for a 21-7 advantage.

During Clark's 16-0 scoring spree, Montgomery failed to score, going 9:35 without a field goal. Despite the drought, the Lady Indians outscored the Lady Cardinals 10-5 during the final three minutes of the first half and trailed 26-17 at the break.

Erica Rogers, Caitlin Conyers and Sarah Arnett paced the Lady Indians with five points apiece in the first two quarters. Montgomery made just six field goals and shot 25 percent in the first half, while the Lady Cardinals were successful on 33 percent on their attempts from the field in the first two quarters.

In the third quarter Clark outscored Montgomery 13-3 and led 39-20 going into the fourth quarter and cruised to victory the remainder of the way.

Clark 12 14 13 17 — 56

Montgomery 07 10 03 26 — 46

CLARK (25-7) — Welsh 2, Taylor 8, Hamlin 6, Kindred 2, Anderson 11, Graham 16, Skinner 11.

MONTGOMERY (15-15) — Conyers 11, Igo 6, Rogers 14, Arnett 5, Current 2, Terrell 4, Barker 2, Alicea 2.

Bowling Green Bound: Lady Cards beat Montgomery County for 10th Region title - The Winchester Sun: GRC Sports