Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Collins/South Oldham Predictions (8th)

Who will win? 16 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Collins
      56%
      9
    • South Oldham
      43%
      7

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This game will be played Monday night at 6:30 PM at Henry County.

 

Thursday night Collins (25-4) defeated Grant County 65-57 in OT and South Oldham (20-4) defeated Owen County 84-77. These two teams met on December 9th with Collins winning 60-42.

 

Any predictions?

Think this will be a close game. I took Collins in the contest, so I am staying with them to win.

I am going with Collins.

South by 10, Collins looked real uninterested the other night.

South by 10, Collins looked real uninterested the other night.

 

I was really stunned at how dis-engaged Collins appeared vs. Grant. Honestly figured the loss to Shelby in the 30th district finals might have been the worst possible scenario for their opponents in the region tournament - thought it might have "awakened the sleeping tiger...", but Collins was extraordinarily fortunate to beat a very good Grant County team that played hard, smart, and with a chip on their collective shoulders.

 

South struggled to stop Carson Williams of Owen County - but then again, most teams have struggled to stop Carson - but I like their overall intensity. I saw the first game in Crestwood - the second game of the season - and frankly, I'm not sure what we can take from it. Collins had just got their football players, and South - despite some wide-open looks - was amazingly cold from the field that night.

 

I think Monday's matchup will be a flat-out war for 32 minutes. I'm certain coach Gaither will have Collins ready and motivated, and I can't imagine Coach Simpson will have any difficulty getting the Dragons motivated after the last meeting.

 

Broadcast on Pegasus Sports, beginning with the pregame show at 6 pm. The Pegasus Sports Network - PSN

  • Author

No doubt this one will be much closer than the first meeting. Collins will have to limit South's looks from 3 and rebound much better than they did against Grant County. Collins will also have to get out to a much better start than they did against Grant. They almost looked a little nervous and shocked to me.

I saw both of them Thursday. Based on the "eye test", I'll give Collins the slight edge in this one as long as they show up to play.

I'll take Collins, but this could be one of the better games in the state tomorrow.

South Oldham 67-63.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.