Notre Dame 58 Boone County 40

Waiting to hear from bballguy, HardWoodFan, and others how the weather and lack of practice cost Boone Co this game.

It honestly looked as if neither team had practiced for a long time. I understand jitters, big floor, and all the other excuses, but my goodness it was difficult to watch. The news article reads "BC didn't score for a 10 minute stretch" and I bet it was pretty close to that long for NDA during the same 10 min stretch.

Paige Kellam took over in the 3rd quarter and stretched the lead for Notre Dame. Paige and Elly Ogle sat for a good portion of the 2nd quarter with 2 fouls. The three seniors Kellam, Ogle and Clemons combines for 42 points. Nice night for the seniors.

Paige Kellam took over in the 3rd quarter and stretched the lead for Notre Dame. Paige and Elly Ogle sat for a good portion of the 2nd quarter with 2 fouls. The three seniors Kellam, Ogle and Clemons combines for 42 points. Nice night for the seniors.

Hailey Smith and Kennedy Baugh really stepped up during the foul problems stretch. Smith owned the boards and made great inside out passes plus cleared the way for dribble penetration. She kept Switzer in check.( Not Easy) Kennedy Baugh, not sure were she has been? She started the Highlands game and played great and until last night was not heard from. She is strong with the ball and a good shooter. Hopefully she earned more playing time after last nights performance. Sydney Stalhman did not light it up from 3 as she usually does, played good "D" and made some nice assists for easy baskets. Her 3 pointer put the dagger in Boone. Boone had a bunch of open looks. If NDA doesn't do a better job closing out on Highlands they could fall behind quickly.

Waiting to hear from bballguy' date=' HardWoodFan, and others how the weather and lack of practice cost Boone Co this game.[/quote']

I'd be happy to chime in. Regardless of practice vs no practice, I would have picked ND in this game. My previous agreement on the thread regarding some schools practicing and some not due to weather still stands. I can't imagine anyone thinking that not preparing (practice) when the other team does has zero impact. What if we only let one team warm up prior to game and the other was not allowed one practice shot? I'd say its an impact.... Not saying it determines outcome..congrats to Pandas!