Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trimble County 58 Gallatin County 56

Featured Replies

Whale of a game. Gallatin County was ahead 56-55 with five seconds left to go. Trimble County's Erin Gonterman hit her only field goal of the night, a 3 pt basket, with just a couple of seconds left on the clock. After a timeout, Gallatin County's Brooke Dossett (I believe) had a good look at the basket, but the shot didn't fall.

 

Great game by both teams. Lots of ties and lead changes.

 

I also got to meet a BGP member that I had been dying to meet for years. :ylsuper:

  • Author

Scoring for the Lady Raiders:

 

Erin Gonterman 4

Kaylee Clifford 8

Mila Consley 7

Paige Black 12

Jessie Dunlap 15

Shelbe Black 12

  • Author

Scoring for the Lady Wildcats:

 

Danielle Wesley 10

Hannah Dossett 15

Brooke Dossett 24

Autumn Bowen 7

Scoring for the Lady Wildcats:

 

Danielle Wesley 10

Hannah Dossett 15

Brooke Dossett 24

Autumn Bowen 7

 

Brooke now has 1996 points for her career. It was another hotly contested game by these two evenly matched teams. Who knows, maybe they will meet up again in Dry Ridge next month...

It was a tournament atmosphere at Bedford tonight. I have a feeling these two could meet up again in Dry Ridge as Mack said. Congrats to Coach Stewart and the Raiders an a good win. Trimble creates problems with their size and they always have 4-5 shooters that you have to respect.

This game was one of the best I have watched in quite a while. The Dossett sisters are a pleasure to watch as they play with such style and intensity. Brooke is almost unstoppable!!

  • Author
Wow, several inaccuracies in that article, LOL.

 

The one that stands out to me is that Jessie Dunlap did not get "hacked" under her basket with 5 seconds. It wasn't called such and didn't appear to be such to me.

 

What else?

The one that stands out to me is that Jessie Dunlap did not get "hacked" under her basket with 5 seconds. It wasn't called such and didn't appear to be such to me.

 

What else?

Wesley scored a huge bucket to put GC ahead with 9 seconds left, but Wesley did not drive the length of the court for the go ahead basket, she scored on a feed from another player. Although only two discrepancies, they were two key plays that played a big part in the final seconds. Not a big deal, but shoddy journalism is a pet peeve of mine.
  • Author
Wesley scored a huge bucket to put GC ahead with 9 seconds left, but Wesley did not drive the length of the court for the go ahead basket, she scored on a feed from another player. Although only two discrepancies, they were two key plays that played a big part in the final seconds. Not a big deal, but shoddy journalism is a pet peeve of mine.

 

Definitely agreed. In this case, the reporter wasn't even at the game, so whoever gave him the details was misremembering the occurance.

They do a real good job when they have someone at the game. When it is a staff report, most times it is next day and remembering facts on one end and interpreting on the other end often ends up with something mixed up. I scratched my head a little too as I read the story. There was a conflict with a Madison boys game and a few others, so they didn't send a reporter to the TC/GC game. I was a little surprised.

  • Author
They do a real good job when they have someone at the game. When it is a staff report, most times it is next day and remembering facts on one end and interpreting on the other end often ends up with something mixed up. I scratched my head a little too as I read the story. There was a conflict with a Madison boys game and a few others, so they didn't send a reporter to the TC/GC game. I was a little surprised.

 

They certainly missed a heck of a game! Hope to see a rematch in Grant Co!

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Congrats to the Lady Raiders.

They do a real good job when they have someone at the game. When it is a staff report, most times it is next day and remembering facts on one end and interpreting on the other end often ends up with something mixed up. I scratched my head a little too as I read the story. There was a conflict with a Madison boys game and a few others, so they didn't send a reporter to the TC/GC game. I was a little surprised.
I agree 100%. They usually do a great job of covering high school sports.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.