Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches Poll (Week 6)

Featured Replies

The ladies from the "hill", still on top. :thumb:

 

1. Newport Catholic (11) 126

2. Simon Kenton (1) 98

3. Notre Dame (1) 93

4. Brossart 92

5. Highlands 89

6. Conner 49

7. Boone County 44

8. Holmes 33

9. Holy Cross 27

9. Ryle 27

Others: Dixie Heights 8, Cooper 7, St. Henry 6, Gallatin County 5, Scott 4, Beechwood 3, Newport 3, Walton-Verona 1

In boys the majority of fans think 3 teams can win the 9th.

 

How many girls teams can win it?

In boys the majority of fans think 3 teams can win the 9th.

 

How many girls teams can win it?

 

In the 9th I think as many as 6 teams have a realistic chance to win the region. Should be fun to watch the next couple of months.

I would say realalistically it is a three horse race between ND, HHS, and NCC in the 9th region. Depending on who gets hot down the stretch and stays healthy. I think there are too many questions on the rest of the teams in the region to make a run through the regional tourney.

In boys the majority of fans think 3 teams can win the 9th.

 

How many girls teams can win it?

I would say the same here, 3 have a shot at it. NCC, SK or ND.

 

2 weeks ago I would of said you could add a couple more to the list, but I think the top 3 have really began to separate themselves from the rest of the pack. Boone for instance has really taken a step backwards in a big way lately.

I would say the same here, 3 have a shot at it. NCC, SK or ND.

 

2 weeks ago I would of said you could add a couple more to the list, but I think the top 3 have really began to separate themselves from the rest of the pack. Boone for instance has really taken a step backwards in a big way lately.

 

SK is in the 8th region.

I wouldn't underestimate Conner, Ryle, Holmes or Boone. Any of those 4 could beat the top 3. NCC and HHS play very good defense but have had their struggles shooting the ball on a consistent basis. I would call it an upset but it would not surprise me.

Holmes proved that last Wed when they beat ND by ten points so I totally agree with I4C.

Holmes proved that last Wed when they beat ND by ten points so I totally agree with I4C.

 

I love what Holmes is doing, but I do think it would be quite a challenge for that young team to beat 2-3 top teams in a row in that enviroment. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just feel the youth would catch up to them eventually. It's much different upsetting a team in the regular season, than winning 2-3 big games in the region at NKU. They may be a year or two away.

 

I've coached a couple of their girls and I'm actually excited to see them play...as long as they don't beat my Bluebirds!!!

I wouldn't underestimate Conner, Ryle, Holmes or Boone. Any of those 4 could beat the top 3. NCC and HHS play very good defense but have had their struggles shooting the ball on a consistent basis. I would call it an upset but it would not surprise me.

 

I do agree that anyone of those teams could upset any of the top teams this year. It should be a very interesting tournament. I will say that one of those teams will not make the region because 3 of them are in the same district. That district also includes Cooper...who I wouldn't fall asleep on!

I do agree that anyone of those teams could upset any of the top teams this year. It should be a very interesting tournament. I will say that one of those teams will not make the region because 3 of them are in the same district. That district also includes Cooper...who I wouldn't fall asleep on!

Wow. Can't believe I forgot Cooper with coach Levandusky in the drivers seat. My apologies to Jaguar faithful. You are correct one will not make it out of the district.......whoever that may be....I love this time of year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.