J.O. Volleyball

Dlbdonn

My daughter plays for NKJV and others on here have kids play for NKYVC...worth the costs.....yes...If you want your daughter to be pretty competetive at the high school level than they need to play club ball.I think that is why you always see the teams from Northern Ky and Louisville dominate the state tourament.

My daughter plays for NKYVC. When she first started, I was shocked at the price. Spent well over $3000.00 last year. More traveling this year so it will be more. Can't believe that I am saying this, but it is worth every penny.

The competition is second to none. We travel to places we would not normally go. She has made good friends from other schools, and has had the opportunity to meet people from all over the country. In the meantime, she is improving her skills and will have more to offer her high school team.

The tournaments are so exciting and so much fun. They learn to win and loose graciously (hopefully) It is a great thing to share with her. Very positive, lifelong memories. As long as she wants to do it, we will make it happen for her.

Go Bullets!

It is expensive and extremely time consuming but the experiences and opportunities opened to these young ladies are incredible. College coaches attend all of the regional tournaments and this is where most of the recruiting happens. During the high school vball season the college coaches are busy with their team and schedule and have limited time to scout possible recruits. They can also attend a JO tournament and see a couple hundred possible recruits in one weekend.

• 8 months later...

IMO - Most people I know sacrifice to find $ because it is worth every car pool hour, every weekend tournament eating out of the back of the car, every crowded, hot and noisy gym, every long drive out of state, every week off of work and practices 3 or 4 times a week, every airport, hotel and doubling up on rooms - all because someone you love loves her friends and volleyball. Life is rarely so simple and wonderful, but not easy. Family and Volleyball. All together. Every girl, every year. I hope more people sacrifice for something together. The $ get lost somewhere in the beginning.