Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breathitt Co. 73 Estill Co. 61

Featured Replies

I am a little surprised by score, but only a little. Breathitt is a much improved team, moore is an excellent player. Breathitt is the kind of young team that will only get better as experience toughens them up.

  • Author
Someone told me that there was a riot outside after the game. Any truth at all to this????

By who? I didnt see a whole lot of kids on the Estill side. There were some questionable calls that the parents got a little tweaked about - but certaintly dont think it was riot material.

I agree that Estill will be a threat at regional tourney time. As for underacheiving I don't even give that a thought. I think just competing in the 14th is an accomplishment with the boys club in the 14th. I think you know what I mean! Powell can't upset Estill if Estill pressures the basketball.

  • Author
I agree that Estill will be a threat at regional tourney time. As for underacheiving I don't even give that a thought. I think just competing in the 14th is an accomplishment with the boys club in the 14th. I think you know what I mean! Powell can't upset Estill if Estill pressures the basketball.

 

 

:thumb:

 

Objective numero uno will have to be focus. I predict last night's loss will be what it takes to gel the team back together and get their heads in the right place.

 

When the engineers have their heads in the game - there arent a lot of teams in the 14th team that come close to matching up.

Final from Jackson.

 

Breathitt shot lights out, and Estill just had no fire power at all. They played sluggish throughout - though Dixon and freshman Hoover pulled Estill back into the game - the bobcats eventually pulled away again and controlled the game at the end.

 

I didnt catch his name - but Number 30 for the Bobcats was great tonight. An excellent shooter .

This is the first real game I've seen out of Breathitt - and let me just say - I dont know how Breathitt has went 3-20 this year so far. They shot lights out all night long and really controlled the game.

 

I thought Estill got beat on the boards, too many second chances for Breathitt I thought. And too many one and out for Estill. I too was impressed with the Hoover kid, but at this point he's all offense and not much defense but as you say he's young. I hadn't seen Dixon play and maybe he had an off night but he wasn't real impressive that night. He and others took some really bad shots, lots of prayers thrown up hoping for a foul. #30 for Breathitt, Hollon, has been one player for the Bobcats who has "come along" this year I think. If Smith decides to venture in under the basket and play tough, they will have a decent inside-outside game, which is something they have to have to be sucsessful.

  • Author
I thought Estill got beat on the boards, too many second chances for Breathitt I thought. And too many one and out for Estill. I too was impressed with the Hoover kid, but at this point he's all offense and not much defense but as you say he's young. I hadn't seen Dixon play and maybe he had an off night but he wasn't real impressive that night. He and others took some really bad shots, lots of prayers thrown up hoping for a foul. #30 for Breathitt, Hollon, has been one player for the Bobcats who has "come along" this year I think. If Smith decides to venture in under the basket and play tough, they will have a decent inside-outside game, which is something they have to have to be sucsessful.

 

Well you know, Breathitt really did get on the boards better than Estill. Infact, they outhusstled the Engineers all night for the most part...and I think that just goes to show how unfocused Estill was. I'm not sure if they were just overlooking Breathitt or there was some team conflict that cost them their focus...but it sure knocked them for a loop.

 

As far as Dixon goes - he was the only real spark Estill had aside Hoover...but his back seems to be in terrible shape. I seen him several times holding his lower back as he made his way to the bench and he seemed to slouch in his seat to keep any pressure off it - and if I'm not mistaken he didnt warm up with the team at the beginning of the 2nd half.

 

I thought for his situation he played a great game.

Well you know, Breathitt really did get on the boards better than Estill. Infact, they outhusstled the Engineers all night for the most part...and I think that just goes to show how unfocused Estill was. I'm not sure if they were just overlooking Breathitt or there was some team conflict that cost them their focus...but it sure knocked them for a loop.

 

As far as Dixon goes - he was the only real spark Estill had aside Hoover...but his back seems to be in terrible shape. I seen him several times holding his lower back as he made his way to the bench and he seemed to slouch in his seat to keep any pressure off it - and if I'm not mistaken he didnt warm up with the team at the beginning of the 2nd half.

 

I thought for his situation he played a great game.

That makes sense. I didn't know he was hurt but did wonder why he was on the bench as much as he was. And to play hurt he had a heck of a game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.