Umpires

JMU31

i just read on anohter board about this...guess these are committed players...i'd be PISSED if i was that ump....probabl yanother reason i could never be a ump!!

Yeah this story is hitting all the softball boards, the pitcher is committed to Utah I believe, if your her parents how would you like her getting this kind of attention.

Classless...absolutely classless. The coach and players should be ashamed.

It's obvious the coach ordered this. The catcher looks over to the dugout just before the incident. I like how the base umpire steps in and takes control to help his partner.

^^^^^THIS

HOLY:poop:, If the pitcher and catcher have schooly offers and I was the coach, they get pulled.....want to talk about sending a message.

^^^^^THIS

HOLY:poop:, If the pitcher and catcher have schooly offers and I was the coach, they get pulled.....want to talk about sending a message.

I know this isn't always the case but most coaches care more about keeping their job than a couple girls hitting an umpire in a fall ball game. Doesn't mean that's right just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

First mistake by the umpire: replying to the crowd about where the pitch was after the walk. I am assuming it was the crowd asking. Umpire take full shot to mask, doesn't turn head. Total professional. Catcher bailing out on a pretty good pitch with no effort to reach ball, unsporting, she's gone, no questions asked. I have to believe that a pitcher that is this good, has a catcher that can handle herself behind the plate. For all of you who think this doesn't happen…it does. Umpire does a great Happy Gilmore on this one. If, and I said IF, the coach ordered this one up (and I have to believe he did) then he gets bounced with some additional explanation on the report. IMO girls FP games tend to get ramped up at times, many times by Darling Dads who don't have the personal integrity to take a step back. (If you're a Dad and this applies to you, then I guess you'll be riled, if you are not, then good for you for being a solid supportive parent) Bring on Spring. I have yet to be hit by a pitch, foul, etc….that has killed me, just bruised up and makes you a better umpire. I wonder how Lawnboy would respond to an incident like this. :banana: (Just joking, I know…)