November 25, 201312 yr Author NCAA wanted more scoring and the defense is suffering in that regard; Vermont ran a nice offense, but Duke played horrible defense. I can't believe Vermont didn't get a shot off at the end. This is more unbelievable than anything else. They had 5 seconds to get up court and they passed up a wide open 15 foot jumper for the win. There is no reason that they shouldn't have gotten a good shot off. Duke played horrible defense on that play and you can't foul him either. All they really had to do was dribble right at a Duke defender just like Hood did to them.
November 25, 201312 yr I agree; if it's so easy to get foul calls you got time to get something going towards the basket... draw contact and win it at the charity stripe.
November 25, 201312 yr IMO, Vermont was the real winner of the game. Totally bogus call with 5 sec to play. The Vermont kid played great defense...moved his feet, kept from contact and blocked the early part of the shot. Vermont ball...and I like their chances in transition to score for the win. But no, instead we got yet another ref who has sold his soul to the devil...blue ones of course. Been a while since we've had one of these posts. I miss these days :lol2:
November 26, 201312 yr Think I read an article where Duke was first in points per possession and 178th in defense.
November 26, 201312 yr Author Think I read an article where Duke was first in points per possession and 178th in defense. Yep. I think so far this is the highest scoring Duke team ever and they cannot play a lick of defense. Edited November 27, 201312 yr by PurplePride92
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.