Paducah Tilghman/ Monroe County

tsyoung7

Monroe is clicking at the right time of year but the long drive to the west might be distracting for these young Falcons. Obviously Paducah has played a tougher schedule and is always a threat year after year in 3a.

What does everyone think?

Honestly, this years version of the Blue Tornado has been more consistent than alot of there past teams, they've just played a brutal schedule. They played very competitively against Mayfield, Henderson Co, Highlands and Reitz and, imo, outplayed Graves and should have won that game. They have a really quality win in McCracken, and, dominated 2 solid teams in Ft Campbell and Trigg Co.. There defensive front is outstanding and they have some big LBs that pursue and move very well laterally.. There secondary is a little on the short, smallish size, but, they'll hit you, but, could struggle against a good passing team with some taller receivers. Offensively, they have excellent speed in the backfield and a QB that throws a pretty good ball. There WRs have dropped alot of balls this year and there OL hasn't always given those RBs good lanes to run thru, but, both posistions have had some good moments, as well.. I think PT likely wins this thing by 20 to 30 points, but, Monroe could keep it a little closer with a few breaks, but, I don't see them having the horses to win the game.

Monroe's offense consist of 9 sophomores, 1 junior and 1 senior. So to say their young is almost an understatement. Personally I'm very pleased with what they've achieved this year. IMO, the falcons will have to catch some breaks and play their A-game to have a chance to win, but win or lose I'm happy...

Correction on starting offense...7 sophomores, one freshman 6-5 325lb lineman, junior center, and the lone Huff at back.

Senior running back Tanner Strode will return at tailback so senior backs and tight end.

Monroe has three deep in backfield, with three with over 75 touches each.

Monroe's offense consist of 9 sophomores, 1 junior and 1 senior. So to say their young is almost an understatement. Personally I'm very pleased with what they've achieved this year. IMO, the falcons will have to catch some breaks and play their A-game to have a chance to win, but win or lose I'm happy...

Obviously you want to win the game. But, with a team that young, going on the road to a top team in the class, you really hope you play well and are a threat to win the ballgame. Anything beyond that is gravy!