Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bell County 7 Corbin 0

Featured Replies

Final.

What about those Bobcats!!!! There are getting better. People better watch out.

I thought all along Bell would beat Corbin...until the Wayne Co game...then I thought Corbin would win easily...shocked by this score...Corbin's season has definitely turned the wrong way for them the last few weeks.

I thought all along Bell would beat Corbin...until the Wayne Co game...then I thought Corbin would win easily...shocked by this score...Corbin's season has definitely turned the wrong way for them the last few weeks.

 

That's a harsh statement, especially considering they lost both games by 7 points, but it is true. Now they're the third seed and will be on the road in the playoffs.

I know Corbin has been down from their storied history, but somebody needs to remind them of their tradition. These kind of games pull from the deepest emotions. This is why i think Bell won. Tradition is alive at Bell even in the down years. That is why teams like Bell , Belfry, Boyle Co. And Highlands are hard to beat even in the off years. They are playing for thevTradition. I say that to point out that Corbin has the same kind of History, and they should get some players from the past to come and remind them they are playing for everybody. And if they do that i think they can go down to johnny come lately wayne co. And bring back a win in the playoffs.

That's a harsh statement, especially considering they lost both games by 7 points, but it is true. Now they're the third seed and will be on the road in the playoffs.

 

I based that on all of the talk of greatness coming from some of their fans, not necessarily the ones on BGP. After early wins over SW and blowout of Danville many were getting reservations for BG. I fully expected Wayne to beat them and beat them worse than they did, when Corbin played them well I started to buy in that they were better than I thought. Then they get shut out and lose to the worst Bell Co. team in over a decade. Not a knock on Bell they have been great the last decade and are in rebuilding mode now. Now Corbin will be on the road for all of there playoff games and looking to go out early again.

Corbin has not played well, or frankly very composed late in the 4th qtr. of either of their losses, which can partially be attributed to their weak pre-district schedule. Waddell getting hurt in the first series didn't help with him being their big playmaker and leader of the team, but good teams overcome these kind of things and Corbin just seems to be missing that mental toughness necessary to do it.

I think that Coach Jewell was worried more about wins this season that is why such a poor non-district schedule.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.