Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fall ball

Featured Replies

I don't know of any High school or fall leagues, most play in tournaments in the fall. I know we (HHS) may be reaching out to scrimmage some teams if they are up to it and are too effected by fall sport athletes.

 

There are no High School Fall leagues in NKY because the State doesn't allow them. By Law 25 section 8) Sports Specific Limitations- Softball- Girls (Fastpitch) a) Following the opening day of school there shall be no organized practice prior to February 15.

  • Author
There are no High School Fall leagues in NKY because the State doesn't allow them. By Law 25 section 8) Sports Specific Limitations- Softball- Girls (Fastpitch) a) Following the opening day of school there shall be no organized practice prior to February 15.
High School teams are practicing now. It is not mandatory that players come until Feb. 15. They can practice or play in tournaments or games all year except the dead period.
There are no High School Fall leagues in NKY because the State doesn't allow them. By Law 25 section 8) Sports Specific Limitations- Softball- Girls (Fastpitch) a) Following the opening day of school there shall be no organized practice prior to February 15.

 

As Beena stated...not mandatory at all. We don't make any decisions on what we see now. We only focus on the fundamentals for those that want to work on them. Teams practice just about year round now in many HS sports. You just can't make it mandatory for kids to be there or make decisions on who is showing up vs. who isn't. It's just a time for the kids that want get better and work on their game to do so.

As Beena stated...not mandatory at all. We don't make any decisions on what we see now. We only focus on the fundamentals for those that want to work on them. Teams practice just about year round now in many HS sports. You just can't make it mandatory for kids to be there or make decisions on who is showing up vs. who isn't. It's just a time for the kids that want get better and work on their game to do so.

 

Which was my plan several years ago, but when I couldn't get a straight answer from area coaches and ADs on what was allowed, I called down state and was told the only thing Softball teams can do prior to Feb.15 is conditioning and weightlifting. If you are using the "tools of the sport" it considered a practice. Mandatory or not, it is still an organized practice. This particular By Law is Softball specific, I'm not sure the limitations for other sports. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, and I would love to be wrong about this. You just might want to get clarification because I would hate to see girls become ineligible. After all this is posted in a public forum and you abbreviated your school.

Which was my plan several years ago, but when I couldn't get a straight answer from area coaches and ADs on what was allowed, I called down state and was told the only thing Softball teams can do prior to Feb.15 is conditioning and weightlifting. If you are using the "tools of the sport" it considered a practice. Mandatory or not, it is still an organized practice. This particular By Law is Softball specific, I'm not sure the limitations for other sports. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, and I would love to be wrong about this. You just might want to get clarification because I would hate to see girls become ineligible. After all this is posted in a public forum and you abbreviated your school.

 

This rule was changed last year, as long as it is not mandatory it's "game on".

This rule was changed last year, as long as it is not mandatory it's "game on".[/Quotes]

 

The wording of the rule on the KHSAA site has not changed. Where does it say as long as it's not mandatory its ok?

This rule was changed last year, as long as it is not mandatory it's "game on".[/Quotes]

 

The wording of the rule on the KHSAA site has not changed. Where does it say as long as it's not mandatory its ok?

 

All the sports rules were changes last year. As LB stated, it's game on. (Except for dead period)

 

Many softball and baseball teams are practicing right now.

 

All the sports rules were changes last year. As LB stated, it's game on. (Except for dead period)

 

Many softball and baseball teams are practicing right now.

 

Whats a dead period?

 

I guess I better add this for those who dont know that im joking :wacky:

 

Whats a dead period?

 

I guess I better add this for those who dont know that im joking :wacky:

 

When all restaurants are closed and no wings available. :D

No, its not officially the dead period until they quit serving beer. That's the line in the sand.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.