Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why I Changed My Mind About Weed

Featured Replies

Sounds like physical problems .

 

But can have just as much to do with lifestyle as anything else.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on Jim you can't say there is zero physical addiction. We are just talking severity of the addiction .

 

Any "physical addiction" is purely psychological in nature; setbacks that can be overcome by strong will. That's not an even remotely legitimate justification for outlawing it, unless you want to do the same for running -- which, I pose, would have the same affect upon someone such as bugatti or FKYW if they quit running.

 

As Daryl and I both have noted, it has more to do with lifestyle than anything.

Any "physical addiction" is purely psychological in nature; setbacks that can be overcome by strong will. That's not an even remotely legitimate justification for outlawing it, unless you want to do the same for running -- which, I pose, would have the same affect upon someone such as bugatti or FKYW if they quit running.

 

As Daryl and I both have noted, it has more to do with lifestyle than anything.

 

I'm for legalizing it. I agree its not a reason not to. I'm just saying let's not act like its a flawless drug.

I'm for legalizing it. I agree its not a reason not to. I'm just saying let's not act like its a flawless drug.

 

Never said it was, and I've even noted some of the issues that come attached with it, such as the potential for lung cancer or heart trouble. But all those who are saying it is physically addictive are incorrect. Any "addictiveness" attached to weed can only be described as psychological in nature.

 

No pothead will die or have to go to hospital because of not smoking for a few days. Can't say the same about a smack junkie or a crackhead.

Come on Jim you can't say there is zero physical addiction. We are just talking severity of the addiction .

 

Everything that I have ever read states that there is no physical addiction to marijuana.

 

There is certainly a psychological aspect/addiction, but smokers do not experience any physical symptoms upon quitting.

Hundreds of uses? Hemp yes but probably not MJ. Hemp is not the same thing as MJ.

 

Well the same family of plant species? How about that?

 

Hemp like mentioned does have hundreds of uses, only it is not psycho active. There are still many of the same benefits and uses to the marijuana plant but since it is also psycho active it is primarily used for that. In terms of actual use, the marijuana plant through its various strains can help or cure numerous ailments, at least in the dozens.

It's not all emotional, I said it maybe more so emotional but there is physical addiction and physical withdrawal symptoms associated with marijuana use. Marijuana Withdrawal Symptoms

 

Come on Jim you can't say there is zero physical addiction. We are just talking severity of the addiction .

 

It is more physically taxing on your body to stop drinking caffeine or to give up nicotine. In terms of withdrawl, marijuana is not physically addictive. There is nothing in your body that aches for you to have to smoke, it is all in your mind to want to smoke. Do not get mental addiction and lifestyle disruption confused with an actual physical addiction. Nothing physical about it, would be more physically disruptive to quit drinking coffee or energy drinks. Most people wouldn't look at those things as being physically addictive, mostly because they are not illegal or taboo.

But can have just as much to do with lifestyle as anything else.

 

Never said it was, and I've even noted some of the issues that come attached with it, such as the potential for lung cancer or heart trouble. But all those who are saying it is physically addictive are incorrect. Any "addictiveness" attached to weed can only be described as psychological in nature.

 

No pothead will die or have to go to hospital because of not smoking for a few days. Can't say the same about a smack junkie or a crackhead.

 

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.