Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AJ Green Hurt At Camp - Heads To Locker Room With Possible Knee Injury

Featured Replies

I agree 110% with what you said. Of we lose AJ we are in deep do do.

 

I was just trying to bring FCC back down to earth with his thoughts about how this team is one of the most talented etc. btw, the patriots did lose Brady for a season and still won 11 games.

 

Bring me down from what? From actually knowing football and what having a talented team is? Your one of the only ones who still does not like to admit that this is a very talented team, and probably the most talented Bengals team since the 80's. Or at worst the most talented team since Mike Brown took over. I still don't know how you can argue anything different than that. Makes you look bad, when there is no argument against it and as you mentioned you just do it since I am the one who said it.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring me down from what? From actually knowing football and what having a talented team is? Your one of the only ones who still does not like to admit that this is a very talented team, and probably the most talented Bengals team since the 80's. Or at worst the most talented team since Mike Brown took over. I still don't know how you can argue anything different than that. Makes you look bad, when there is no argument against it and as you mentioned you just do it since I am the one who said it.

I see you refuse to reply about the most talented team in the other thread. So I will post the same thing here.

You said the only thing the 2005 team had that was better was Carson. That is a joke, all facets of the offense were better than this years offense.

OL 2005 (Best since the 88 OL)

WR's 2005

RB 2005

FB 2005

QB 2005

 

to say that this team is more talented is the dumbest thing you could possibly say.

They should of got 1. a WR 2. a RB 3. a Safety either one of them would of helped. Why do you keep asking the same wuestion over and over again when you know as well as I know what their needs are. You are nothing more than a Mike Brown apologist, no matter what the Bengals do you think it's the best move period.

 

Once again tell me which receiver that they should have got that would have helped that would have made sense and still not hurt their chances of signing their own? Tell me which running back they should have got? Reggie Bush and his big contract? When they drafted a guy who is a lot like him in being shifty and great at catching the ball? The only one you have a little decent argument on that they could have addressed that would have made sense was safety. Your whole argument was that they have to get people in free agency. I said they were smart building through the draft. Then guess what the draft comes and they hit basically everyone of those needs. They got the best TE in the draft, instead of reaching for a WR when their was none that stood out. So now getting another WR is not a big deal because they will just use 2 TE sets, and didn't have to give a huge contract like Mike Wallace got which could have hurt their chances of signing their own. They got that play making runningback to compliment the Law Firm who can make the big play and also catch out of the backfield to give Dalton another target. Now they did draft a safety, but that is one area that I have already said that they probably could have tried to address better with free agency.

 

So basically you have one spot in your whole free agency argument that makes a little sense with the safety spot. You have made way to big of a deal out of the free agency thing, and quite frankly have been very unrealistic in your thinking on the things they should have done in free agency, but then still expect for them to keep on their own talented guys. Not to mention you didn't even understand that they can't extend Green until next year. I have not been a Mike Brown apologist. When he screws up I say it, however I am also not someone who is going to say everything he does now sucks still, because of all the bad moves he use to make. I give credit where credit is due, and for the last 3 years he has ran this team the right way. So I won't sit here and complain like you do, when they are actually running the team like it should be finally after all these years. I don't forgive Mike Brown for all those bad years and bad decisions. However I can't make him not be the owner, all I can do is hope he ends up making good decisions and for the last 3 years he has. Hence the reason why I don't need to complain about it.

I never agree with futurecoach about the Bengals, but the above is just so far off, it's laughable.

 

Let's take a look around the NFL and see how all the other playoff caliber teams would fair if their best player went down:

 

AFC

New England - Tom Brady: Safe to say they'd be terrible.

Pittsburgh - Ben Rothlisberger: We've seen them struggle without him in the past for short periods, they'd be done.

Baltimore - Ray Rice: They'd still be solid, maybe a fringe playoff team, but no where close to what they are now.

Houston - Arian Foster: Two words: Season over

Indianpolis - Andrew Luck: :lol2: Good luck without him.

Denver - Peyton Manning: Top 10 pick

 

NFC

NYG - Eli Manning: No chance

Dallas - Tony Romo: This team sucks with Romo, would be atrocious without him

Washington - RGIII: They'd be lucky to win 3-4 games.

Green Bay - No Aaron Rodgers equals no shot in hell at the postseason.

Minnesota - AP goes down, so does their season

Chicago - Brandon Marshall misses a significant amount of time and Cutler would have to throw it to himself.

Atlanta - Matty Ice: He goes down, does anyone think whomever the backup is could really be effective, even with those weapons?

New Orleans - This team sucked without their HC, they'd be atrocious without Brees.

San Francisco - If they lost Kaepernick, I can't imagine the offense doing enough to be more than a fringe contender.

Seattle - Beastmode goes down, and this team is in a world of hurt. Fringe contender at best.

 

So outside of Seattle, SF, and Baltimore, every team would suffer GREATLY if their top offensive guy goes down, and those 3 are considered the best 3 teams in the league. Every team would take a huge hit to their playoff hopes if they lost their star.

 

Since you have rarely been right on how the Bengals would do over the last few years, maybe you should start agreeing with me more like how you did on this. :D

Once again tell me which receiver that they should have got that would have helped that would have made sense and still not hurt their chances of signing their own? Tell me which running back they should have got? Reggie Bush and his big contract? When they drafted a guy who is a lot like him in being shifty and great at catching the ball? The only one you have a little decent argument on that they could have addressed that would have made sense was safety. Your whole argument was that they have to get people in free agency. I said they were smart building through the draft. Then guess what the draft comes and they hit basically everyone of those needs. They got the best TE in the draft, instead of reaching for a WR when their was none that stood out. So now getting another WR is not a big deal because they will just use 2 TE sets, and didn't have to give a huge contract like Mike Wallace got which could have hurt their chances of signing their own. They got that play making runningback to compliment the Law Firm who can make the big play and also catch out of the backfield to give Dalton another target. Now they did draft a safety, but that is one area that I have already said that they probably could have tried to address better with free agency.

 

So basically you have one spot in your whole free agency argument that makes a little sense with the safety spot. You have made way to big of a deal out of the free agency thing, and quite frankly have been very unrealistic in your thinking on the things they should have done in free agency, but then still expect for them to keep on their own talented guys. Not to mention you didn't even understand that they can't extend Green until next year. I have not been a Mike Brown apologist. When he screws up I say it, however I am also not someone who is going to say everything he does now sucks still, because of all the bad moves he use to make. I give credit where credit is due, and for the last 3 years he has ran this team the right way. So I won't sit here and complain like you do, when they are actually running the team like it should be finally after all these years. I don't forgive Mike Brown for all those bad years and bad decisions. However I can't make him not be the owner, all I can do is hope he ends up making good decisions and for the last 3 years he has. Hence the reason why I don't need to complain about it.

 

A WR, A RB and a Safety. How many times do you want me to answer the same question? I see you still ignore my talented post about this years team. Par for the course I guess.

A WR, A RB and a Safety. How many times do you want me to answer the same question? I see you still ignore my talented post about this years team. Par for the course I guess.

 

You have said that, I am asking which players that were free agents that they should have tried to get? I mean it seems to be a fairly simple question? Which post of yours have I ignored? I know you always ignore every single thing of yours I prove wrong. Just like how I am still waiting for you to explain how the 2005 team is a more talented team than 2013 team. Just like I am waiting now to hear which players in free agency they should have went after that would have made sense that would have made a difference but also not hurt their chances at keeping their own young talent signed? Its a question I have asked you all off season but have yet to hear an answer from you. The ball in your court, go!

You have said that, I am asking which players that were free agents that they should have tried to get? I mean it seems to be a fairly simple question? Which post of yours have I ignored? I know you always ignore every single thing of yours I prove wrong. Just like how I am still waiting for you to explain how the 2005 team is a more talented team than 2013 team. Just like I am waiting now to hear which players in free agency they should have went after that would have made sense that would have made a difference but also not hurt their chances at keeping their own young talent signed? Its a question I have asked you all off season but have yet to hear an answer from you. The ball in your court, go!

Give me a list of every FA at those 3 positions and I'd be more than happy to give you some names. Btw your argument about not spending money on Wallace is lame especially when your reasoning why hasn't happened.

 

Now quit ignoring the talent thing and answer that one if you dare.

Give me a list of every FA at those 3 positions and I'd be more than happy to give you some names. Btw your argument about not spending money on Wallace is lame especially when your reasoning why hasn't happened.

 

Now quit ignoring the talent thing and answer that one if you dare.

 

I will be more than happy to answer you talent thing, when you explain to me what there is to answer that you have asked? That is not a smart comment I am making, I really want to know what talent thing did you ask? Then I will answer. I know I am still waiting on your explanation on how and why the 2005 team was the more overall talented team?

 

I have listed my reasoning why for not signing Wallace was smart in many of are off season threads, but let me list them again. One his contract he got was way to big, especially when were going to be giving Green a huge contract next year. You don't want that much money tied up between two WR's. Especially when at the time you hadn't worked out a deal with Andre Smith yet. Was trying to extend either Johnson or Dunlap. Trying to extend Geno before the season still. Then also making sure you dont' have so much money tied up into contracts from this off season to where you wouldn't be able to sign your own stars like Green next year. Then also possibly Dalton depending on how he does, and Gresham. Then not to mention Vontez Burfict who will be wanting a new contract since he is working on a free agent rookie deal. Your whole idea of signing Wallace would have really hurt their chances of being able to keep all their talented guys they have. Now they have the money to sign Geno, will have the money to extend Green and the other guys I mentioned most likely. Its simple math man, not hard to figure out. Then when you look at what Mike Wallace brings to the table. Would he have been worth the money to pay him and possibly lose guys? He has shown to basically be mainly a deep threat correct? What pass does Dalton struggle with the most? The deep ball. Not to mention Wallace gets even more seperation the further he gets down field, but Dalton can't throw as fall as Big Ben was able to with Wallace. So getting another TE to stretch the middle of the field, and going with your two young receivers one of them being Sanu who is a possession receiver who runs good routes is smart. Then also have a young guy already in Marvin Jones with speed who can stretch the field is smart. Getting Mike Wallace would have not been a positive investment for the price they would have had to pay for him, then to possibly lose their own guys.

 

I mean it works out well for you though, this way you can complain about this. Then if they did sign him and he didn't really produce to the money they paid him, and ended up losing some of their own because of it. Then you could have complained about how they can't keep their own. So either way you would have been happy because you would have still been able to complain. :D

Give me a list of every FA at those 3 positions and I'd be more than happy to give you some names. Btw your argument about not spending money on Wallace is lame especially when your reasoning why hasn't happened.

 

Now quit ignoring the talent thing and answer that one if you dare.

 

As for the list, why don't you actually do some of you own research for a change. I know I have brought out facts and list for you before to prove you wrong on things. So if you so big on your whole free agent thing, then look up the list yourself. Then come back and tell me which guys would have been smart to sign and for the price, and how they would have made the team much better? Then this way at least you have something to try to support this weak argument of yours.

I will be more than happy to answer you talent thing, when you explain to me what there is to answer that you have asked? That is not a smart comment I am making, I really want to know what talent thing did you ask? Then I will answer. I know I am still waiting on your explanation on how and why the 2005 team was the more overall talented team?

 

I have listed my reasoning why for not signing Wallace was smart in many of are off season threads, but let me list them again. One his contract he got was way to big, especially when were going to be giving Green a huge contract next year. You don't want that much money tied up between two WR's. Especially when at the time you hadn't worked out a deal with Andre Smith yet. Was trying to extend either Johnson or Dunlap. Trying to extend Geno before the season still. Then also making sure you dont' have so much money tied up into contracts from this off season to where you wouldn't be able to sign your own stars like Green next year. Then also possibly Dalton depending on how he does, and Gresham. Then not to mention Vontez Burfict who will be wanting a new contract since he is working on a free agent rookie deal. Your whole idea of signing Wallace would have really hurt their chances of being able to keep all their talented guys they have. Now they have the money to sign Geno, will have the money to extend Green and the other guys I mentioned most likely. Its simple math man, not hard to figure out. Then when you look at what Mike Wallace brings to the table. Would he have been worth the money to pay him and possibly lose guys? He has shown to basically be mainly a deep threat correct? What pass does Dalton struggle with the most? The deep ball. Not to mention Wallace gets even more seperation the further he gets down field, but Dalton can't throw as fall as Big Ben was able to with Wallace. So getting another TE to stretch the middle of the field, and going with your two young receivers one of them being Sanu who is a possession receiver who runs good routes is smart. Then also have a young guy already in Marvin Jones with speed who can stretch the field is smart. Getting Mike Wallace would have not been a positive investment for the price they would have had to pay for him, then to possibly lose their own guys.

 

I mean it works out well for you though, this way you can complain about this. Then if they did sign him and he didn't really produce to the money they paid him, and ended up losing some of their own because of it. Then you could have complained about how they can't keep their own. So either way you would have been happy because you would have still been able to complain. :D

First thing is first, I 've already listed, postition by position the comparison's to the 2005 team and the 2013 team in a couple other threads you keep running from, do yourself a favor and go read one and reply to it instead of taking your silly post to other threads avoiding the original posts all together.

 

Secondly, Wallace would of been great hear, you keep talking about money, who says how much he would of signed for here, you don't so for you to say it would of been too much is nothing more than you making more assumptions....and you know what happens when you assume. Now on top of that, I didn't know Mike Wallace was the only WR in free agency...wow, who would of thought?

 

Now since you have no clue who were free agents and who the Bengals could of actually entertained in coming here (remember we can't forfce a player to sign here but at least the bengals could of showed interest and tried to bring them here, that would of been better than doing nothing.) Here are some players I would of entertained here and I'll start with safeties.

 

Safety

Charles Woodson

Dunta Robinson

 

WR's

Dwayne Bowe

Mike Wallace

Greg Jennings

 

RB's

Reggie Bush

Steven Jackson

 

 

There are just a couple from each position they could of went after.....and any of those players would of filled a need. Now what is your excuse?

Oh, and Futurecoach, since we are comparing the entire teams when comparing the 2013 and 2005 squads, lets not forget about the special teams.

Our kicker in 2005, Shayne Graham was the pro bowl kicker that year. :ylsuper:

First thing is first, I 've already listed, postition by position the comparison's to the 2005 team and the 2013 team in a couple other threads you keep running from, do yourself a favor and go read one and reply to it instead of taking your silly post to other threads avoiding the original posts all together.

 

Secondly, Wallace would of been great hear, you keep talking about money, who says how much he would of signed for here, you don't so for you to say it would of been too much is nothing more than you making more assumptions....and you know what happens when you assume. Now on top of that, I didn't know Mike Wallace was the only WR in free agency...wow, who would of thought?

 

Now since you have no clue who were free agents and who the Bengals could of actually entertained in coming here (remember we can't forfce a player to sign here but at least the bengals could of showed interest and tried to bring them here, that would of been better than doing nothing.) Here are some players I would of entertained here and I'll start with safeties.

 

Safety

Charles Woodson

Dunta Robinson

 

WR's

Dwayne Bowe

Mike Wallace

Greg Jennings

 

RB's

Reggie Bush

Steven Jackson

 

 

There are just a couple from each position they could of went after.....and any of those players would of filled a need. Now what is your excuse?

 

They filled that runningback need, so I don't know why your still on that. The WR need would not have been worth the price on two of those guys, and I am not sure what Jennings signed for so I can't comment on that. However go back and look at our off season threads, look at which WR I mentioned would have been a guy that they could have went after that was Jennings. At safety Woodson couldn't even find a team who wanted him for his price except for the Oakland Raiders. I think that says it all right there.

 

They filled their needs through the draft without over spending on guys who wouldn't have made that big of a difference to this teams success.

Oh, and Futurecoach, since we are comparing the entire teams when comparing the 2013 and 2005 squads, lets not forget about the special teams.

Our kicker in 2005, Shayne Graham was the pro bowl kicker that year. :ylsuper:

 

True the guy who couldn't make any clutch kicks when it mattered. Which special teams also involves other players, and the depth and talent on this years team is much more.

 

Put it this way Hellbird. As UKMustang pointed out, there are plenty of people on this site who love to disagree with me on the Bengals, and if they even felt a little bit like you were right they probably would have already been right there agreeing with you. Their absence from this discussion says a lot in itself.

First thing is first, I 've already listed, postition by position the comparison's to the 2005 team and the 2013 team in a couple other threads you keep running from, do yourself a favor and go read one and reply to it instead of taking your silly post to other threads avoiding the original posts all together.

 

Secondly, Wallace would of been great hear, you keep talking about money, who says how much he would of signed for here, you don't so for you to say it would of been too much is nothing more than you making more assumptions....and you know what happens when you assume. Now on top of that, I didn't know Mike Wallace was the only WR in free agency...wow, who would of thought?

 

Now since you have no clue who were free agents and who the Bengals could of actually entertained in coming here (remember we can't forfce a player to sign here but at least the bengals could of showed interest and tried to bring them here, that would of been better than doing nothing.) Here are some players I would of entertained here and I'll start with safeties.

 

Safety

Charles Woodson

Dunta Robinson

 

WR's

Dwayne Bowe

Mike Wallace

Greg Jennings

 

RB's

Reggie Bush

Steven Jackson

 

 

There are just a couple from each position they could of went after.....and any of those players would of filled a need. Now what is your excuse?

 

Charles Woodson no one wanted and the Raiders did what the Raiders do and offered him 4 million for this year. Enough said.

Dunta Robinson is a cornerback not a safety. He signed a deal for 3 years for 4 million each year.

 

Dwayne Bowe signed a 5 year 55 million dollar deal. 11 million a year.

Mike Wallace signed a 5 year 60 million dollar deal. 12 million a year.

Greg Jennings signed a 5 year 45 million dollar deal. 9 million a year.

 

Reggie Bush signed a 4 year 16 million dollar deal. 4 million a year.

Steven Jackson signed a 3 year 12 million dollar deal. 3 million a year.

 

So out of these deals which ones would have made sense? Well the Bengals drafted a running back who's skill set is similar to Bush's in terms of not being a power runner, and more shift and can catch out of the backfield. So smart not signing him. Steven Jackson is right around that age when runningbacks hit that wall and basically are worthless, so it would have been a hard chance to take with him. Especially when you already have a power runner like him, and needed a more of a change of pace back.

 

Mike Wallace turned down a 76 million dollar deal to sign with Miami for 60 million, so I doubt he goes much less than that. That is 12 million a year. Larry Fitzgerald makes an average of 15 million a year and Calvin Johnson makes close to 18 million a year. So you really wanted to have 30 million a year between two WR's after Green is extended? Makes no sense for a guy who might not even fit the West Coast system here that well. Same goes for Dwayne Bowe, just not worth the money to possibly lose some of your own talented guys. Greg Jennings at 9 million is also not the best chance to take, when he has started to be more injury prone, and could be a product of the system which we have seen happen with Green Bay receivers.

 

Woodson signed with Oakland because no one really wanted him, enough said. Robinson is a corner, and they already have a crap load of corners. So makes no sense to dish out 4 million a year for him.

 

Not to mention this is not even including the huge deal Geno most likely will get. Not to mention the extension the Bengals may do with Dalton after this season, because being a 2nd round pick does not give the Bengals that option for a 5th year with him. So if he has a good year this year, then most likely they will also be trying to extend him next year. Not to mention the same with Vontez who if he performs like last year, will most likely want to finally get paid for his performance instead of that rookie free agent contract.

 

As great as it would be to spend as much money as they wanted, and still be able to have enough to keep their own talent, it just was not realistic man. They were able to fill these holes through the draft, and still have money set up for the guys they will be needing to sign. Instead of having money locked up for some of the guys you mentioned who were free agents.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.