Adidas Invitational

It's AAU basketball so anything is possible. That said, as of right now, that seems highly unlikely. There could always be a player coming and a player going but the core group has been with Mike Scott for a long time. There have been a couple of major additions the last couple of years and it has worked out very well for those players.

Time will tell. There are always changes but I cannot see the team "splitting up."

What he said.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The core group may have been together for a while but the players who make the team a Top 25 team have not... I know you are a player on the teams Father so you hope they stay together, but from what I saw, it benefits y'all if they leave. Your son could get significant playing time for most other AAU teams. He spent get the playing time or looks from college coaches he deserves playing the limited minutes he does right now with HD... But he... What do I know?

First let me say that I realize that the top 6 or so players on this team are tegularly being "recruited" by other programs, some more than others. Regarding the players that "make this team a top 25 team," I assume you are referring to the 2 that already have D1 offers - Williams and Goodin. This is Williams 3rd year with HD and Goodins 2nd. Dow and Perry go back the farthest with this team as they've been with Mike since 4th grade.

Regarding my son, I'm not sure where you're getting your info or where you've watched us play, but playing time isn't an issue. He has started for the team all year and I'd say he's probably in the top 3 in minutes logged on the season. No way to prove that but I've watched most every game . It's not as if he's sitting a lot. Honestly, there's time he has to ask to come out.

Regarding more looks from college coaches, are you better off being the go to guy on a decent team or a significant contributor on a team with a chance to be top 10? And yes I believe he's a significant contributor. He draws the tough defensive assignment, averaging double figures in points and getting several assists and boards per game. Seldomly turns the ball over. His game is not flashy but he makes the team better in a lot of ways. Hopefully that gets noticed, and I think it will going into his last 2 years of AAU ball.

Obviously, my son's choosing the latter option of wanting to be on a (potentially) high level team. Hes just an inselfish kid. I feel like its the right choice in the lo g run but you never know. Only time will tell.

First let me say that I realize that the top 6 or so players on this team are tegularly being "recruited" by other programs, some more than others. Regarding the players that "make this team a top 25 team," I assume you are referring to the 2 that already have D1 offers - Williams and Goodin. This is Williams 3rd year with HD and Goodins 2nd. Dow and Perry go back the farthest with this team as they've been with Mike since 4th grade.

Regarding my son, I'm not sure where you're getting your info or where you've watched us play, but playing time isn't an issue. He has started for the team all year and I'd say he's probably in the top 3 in minutes logged on the season. No way to prove that but I've watched most every game . It's not as if he's sitting a lot. Honestly, there's time he has to ask to come out.

Regarding more looks from college coaches, are you better off being the go to guy on a decent team or a significant contributor on a team with a chance to be top 10? And yes I believe he's a significant contributor. He draws the tough defensive assignment, averaging double figures in points and getting several assists and boards per game. Seldomly turns the ball over. His game is not flashy but he makes the team better in a lot of ways. Hopefully that gets noticed, and I think it will going into his last 2 years of AAU ball.

Obviously, my son's choosing the latter option of wanting to be on a (potentially) high level team. Hes just an inselfish kid. I feel like its the right choice in the lo g run but you never know. Only time will tell.

Great answer and best of luck to ya!