Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best talent next year for Pendleton

Featured Replies

Well, I know the coach and most of the fans are from PC.... I think they are called the Mcelfresh Magic... and if I am not mistaken the kid's name is Strong..one of them.

That would be a traveling AAU-type team. Jackson Strong is the son of the Campbell County superintendent who used to teach at PCHS and has lived in Butler since the flood of 97 ran him out of Falmouth. Nice family.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a traveling AAU team. Jackson Strong is the son of the Campbell County superintendent who used to teach at PCHS and has lived in Butler since the flood of 97 ran him out of Falmouth. Nice family.

 

 

He is a big kid....I don't know where they play AAU because my son plays AAU out at SOAS and they are not in that league but this kid could be a project.

Three of the boys that you are talking about are Strong, More, and Monroe. The three of them have the potential to form a strong nucleus. There are some other boys who will complement them in the surrounding classes. The key is to get them to develop now by playing together in AAU or other organized basketball leagues. I predict these boys will be heard from at PCC in the future.

Another one few are talking about is Doug Lambert. He has a pretty good shot and can take the ball to the hole strong. If Biggs sticks around he will have this kid playing tough in two years.

  • Author
Another one few are talking about is Doug Lambert. He has a pretty good shot and can take the ball to the hole strong. If Biggs sticks around he will have this kid playing tough in two years.

I aGree

Three of the boys that you are talking about are Strong, More, and Monroe. The three of them have the potential to form a strong nucleus. There are some other boys who will complement them in the surrounding classes. The key is to get them to develop now by playing together in AAU or other organized basketball leagues. I predict these boys will be heard from at PCC in the future.

 

They might want to look into the Sports of All sorts in Florence AAU leagues. These are pretty competetive but size alone will not take you very far. You have to have good guards due to the full court pressing that is pretty consistent in most games. With that said, you cant get any better unless you go face the music and the boys will definitely see full court pressure when they get to the high school level.

They might want to look into the Sports of All sorts in Florence AAU leagues. These are pretty competetive but size alone will not take you very far. You have to have good guards due to the full court pressing that is pretty consistent in most games. With that said, you cant get any better unless you go face the music and the boys will definitely see full court pressure when they get to the high school level.[/quote

 

I hate to tell you, but I have seen the Magic's and your team play, I don't think your guard play was that much better.

:dancingpa

Three of the boys that you are talking about are Strong, More, and Monroe. The three of them have the potential to form a strong nucleus. There are some other boys who will complement them in the surrounding classes. The key is to get them to develop now by playing together in AAU or other organized basketball leagues. I predict these boys will be heard from at PCC in the future.

 

Only Strong and Moore are part of the Magic. Monroe plays in Geoargetown, KY. The other members of the Magic are: McKenzie Colvin, Clay Knight, Malon White, Jacob Farewell, Travis Bishop, and Austin Pyles. Most have been playing for 3 years. There are some other in the county that will add to the group that will make PC good in the future!!

:fight:

They might want to look into the Sports of All sorts in Florence AAU leagues. These are pretty competetive but size alone will not take you very far. You have to have good guards due to the full court pressing that is pretty consistent in most games. With that said, you cant get any better unless you go face the music and the boys will definitely see full court pressure when they get to the high school level.[/quote

 

I hate to tell you, but I have seen the Magic's and your team play, I don't think your guard play was that much better.

:dancingpa

 

I don't know who you are referring to. It it is who I think, That is a GRADE school team the Magic played and lost to twice. That team also went 13-0 in Dayton league as 4th graders and were the Undefeated league champs 11-0 this year in the Newport league (Johnson Jaguars). :laugh:

 

If you would like to see the team I was referring to, come on out to Florence (Mt. Zion Exit) and look up the NKY Rockets 11U team. The team consist of mostly Ft. Thomas boys. They have won 7 in a row and have outstanding guards. The competition in this league is very good. They play at 2pm on Sunday. In fact, bring the Magic boys out and I assure you they have never seen the press like you will see on sundays in Florence. The grade school press you saw down at Newport Middle school in the 4th period is about 1/2 of what you see in AAU. Not to mention the press starts at the first jumpball. Just an FYI....

 

I don't know who you are referring to. It it is who I think, That is a GRADE school team the Magic played and lost to twice. That team also went 13-0 in Dayton league as 4th graders and were the Undefeated league champs 11-0 this year in the Newport league (Johnson Jaguars). :laugh:

 

If you would like to see the team I was referring to, come on out to Florence (Mt. Zion Exit) and look up the NKY Rockets 11U team. The team consist of mostly Ft. Thomas boys. They have won 7 in a row and have outstanding guards. The competition in this league is very good. They play at 2pm on Sunday. In fact, bring the Magic boys out and I assure you they have never seen the press like you will see on sundays in Florence. The grade school press you saw down at Newport Middle school in the 4th period is about 1/2 of what you see in AAU. Not to mention the press starts at the first jumpball. Just an FYI....

 

 

They are looking for somewhere else to play, I will pass it along. Sounds like the Florence team is doing well.

 

 

They are looking for somewhere else to play, I will pass it along. Sounds like the Florence team is doing well.

 

 

There are 3-4 teams that are comparable to the Magic in that league so I don't think it would be a league where they would have serious issues but it would definitely be a much tougher league. That is how you get better. I see all of the Holmes feeder teams out there playing and they typically play a year up so they can get better. Look at the Holmes team this year.... as Sophs and now as Jr's they are competing against a lot of SR. laden teams. This is essentially from playing up when they were younger. Just my opinion. Good luck to the PC boys... I am pulling for them in the 10th... I definitely have a distaste for the Brossart Mustangs.... I think it dates way back ... they are a good team but I would much rather see PC get back to Rupp.

  • Author

wow! 4TH AND 5TH GRraders this thread is getting out of control i mean it is off da hizzy ha ha

wow! 4TH AND 5TH GRraders this thread is getting out of control i mean it is off da hizzy ha ha

Off da hizzy? Wow...

  • Author

TRU DAT Sports3311

  • Author

And also i would like to point out that the title of the thread is talent for Pendleton NEXT year are any of these kid's really gonna play up as 6th graders

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.