St. Henry vs. Holy Cross

Just Jim

OK, I have a question for those who stuck it out for this titanic struggle with the rain delays (I didn't stick around). Apparently in the bottom of the 6th? with Holy Cross batting, there was a play at the plate that the St.Henry catcher thought he tagged the runner out. Must of been some kind of argument with the ump. Heard the catcher was not thrown out of the game, but was "restricted"? Backup catcher had to enter the game. whats up...anyone

Game is now tied at 4-4 in top of 7th with one out and one on. To be resumed at 4pm today.

OK, I have a question for those who stuck it out for this titanic struggle with the rain delays (I didn't stick around). Apparently in the bottom of the 6th? with Holy Cross batting, there was a play at the plate that the St.Henry catcher thought he tagged the runner out. Must of been some kind of argument with the ump. Heard the catcher was not thrown out of the game, but was "restricted"? Backup catcher had to enter the game. whats up...anyone

Game is now tied at 4-4 in top of 7th with one out and one on. To be resumed at 4pm today.

Catcher appeared to block runner off of plate and thought he had the out. he then turned to make sure the umpire knew about the blocking and he still said safe. the catcher then started to walk the ball out to the pitcher while shaking his head and i heard he muttered bullsh*t under his breath and the umpire then promptly restricted the catcher to the dugout. there was no warning to either team and if he just said that, it baffles me as to why he jumped to restricting him and hurting the Crusaders

Catcher appeared to block runner off of plate and thought he had the out. he then turned to make sure the umpire knew about the blocking and he still said safe. the catcher then started to walk the ball out to the pitcher while shaking his head and i heard he muttered bullsh*t under his breath and the umpire then promptly restricted the catcher to the dugout. there was no warning to either team and if he just said that, it baffles me as to why he jumped to restricting him and hurting the Crusaders

Have you all every heard the announcement they make before the Ninth Region Basketball Tourney and State Championship games and if memory serves me correctly before the 35th district games?

Why should a player have to be warned before he cusses to Blue or about a call Blue makes?

Sir, you surely can complain and ask without cursing, it really isn't that hard to do and if you can't, then learn to keep your mouth shut!

Oh BTW Blue didn't hurt the St. Henry team, the St. Henry player, hurt his own St. Henry team and players, so don't blame Blue for a players action, blame the kid!

Also, any word on Teberi's arm/elbow?

He was playing third base after leaving the mound and throwing the ball around pretty hard from there.

So, restricting is like an ejection just with out the future game suspensions?

there was a holy cross player who yelled the f word very loudly after striking out and was not repromanded at all. why was he not tossed then? and correct. the catcher is out for remainder of holy cross game but not any other games

Only thing I could think of would be if one was challenging the umpire's call and the other was cussing in frustration. I could see where the ump would be stricter about the former.