Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Umpires

Featured Replies

I had 2 girls play in the 9th over the last few years and I actually went to the St. Henry vs Bracken game last week and I couldn't help but notice how much better the umpires are than I remember say 5 years ago.

 

Just a general observation and was curious if anyone else had any good or bad experiences this year so far. It seems like the quality has been much better over the last couple years from what I've seen.

I had 2 girls play in the 9th over the last few years and I actually went to the St. Henry vs Bracken game last week and I couldn't help but notice how much better the umpires are than I remember say 5 years ago.

 

Just a general observation and was curious if anyone else had any good or bad experiences this year so far. It seems like the quality has been much better over the last couple years from what I've seen.

 

When I agree with them, they are good, when I don't, not so much!

 

Overall I would say they do a good job.

I think you had some older folks that had a tough time making the adjustment form slow pitch to fast pitch. Just like the area teams. Now that has completed and I agree the umpiring is much more consistent in the area.

I think you had some older folks that had a tough time making the adjustment form slow pitch to fast pitch. Just like the area teams. Now that has completed and I agree the umpiring is much more consistent in the area.

 

Excellent point.

There have been posts ranking players and teams, why not rank umpires?:ylsuper:

There have been posts ranking players and teams, why not rank umpires?:ylsuper:

 

 

If you think you can do better, pick up a ball/strike counter and have at it! :sarcastic:

If you think you can do better, pick up a ball/strike counter and have at it! :sarcastic:

 

Read a little closer, the post wasn't saying that. So when players and teams are ranked you guys do that because you all think you are better than the ones your ranking? Not looking for an argument just looking for some information as a new comer to NKY fast pitch.:hilarious:

I agree Buckeye nice to have you, A coach can black ball an ump. But I can tell you this we had 2 or three that went to the 10th thinking they were great, and they were no better than what we have.. I will say over the last two years the umps have done a better job. Not an easy game to learn.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.