Birds Band Wagon

Ok, here we go...

Wasnt that long ago and most if not all of the Highlands faithful were debating what seemed to be a "we will agree to disagree" continuing argument over spring break at Highlands.

Lots if not all schools have a "no spring break vacation" policy and it has been an out of control issue for Highlands for as long as I can remember. Heck it more than likely cost Highlands a State Championship in baseball back in the day 1981.

This '81 team made it to the semifinals without 6 starters who fled to Florida during Spring Break and only 1 of the 6 ever returned to play for the Birds that yr.

BTW, did I mention they lost in the Semifinals that yr without 5 starters.

JB is doing a great job imo and his policies and patience has paid off for the Birds as they will be primed this yr to challenge the best in NKY and the State.

Oh, and FWIW, there is an old guy over in Park Hills that has been standing behind JB from day 1.

Be careful TOG, JB Birds might just have something to say about a CovCath run this yr. :lol2:

I don't know about springbreak,but what I do know is that if there isn't at least 5 threads about highlands in any of the forums then something must be very very wrong.

May I be the first to post from all the non highland faithful.....WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?!

ok, carry on.

I don't know about springbreak,but what I do know is that if there isn't at least 5 threads about highlands in any of the forums then something must be very very wrong.

May I be the first to post from all the non highland faithful.....WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?!

ok, carry on.

Funny you even replied to this...Because if you didnt care then why did you concern yourself with HIGHLANDS???

Hey, I just started this thread because of of a couple things and neither concerned you so stay at it.

"When they quit talking about you is when you need to be worried"

Keep chirpin...LOL

Funny you even replied to this...Because if you didnt care then why did you concern yourself with HIGHLANDS???

Hey, I just started this thread because of of a couple things and neither concerned you so stay at it.

"When they quit talking about you is when you need to be worried"

Keep chirpin...LOL

Actually I responded because as I went to this forum i saw no fewer than 3 Highlands threads and wondered why there needed to be that many. Then I came in here and saw that this one was definitely needed......we need to find out what Highland fans think about Spring Break, not the rest of the area but Highlands. It was very informing.

Actually I responded because as I went to this forum i saw no fewer than 3 Highlands threads and wondered why there needed to be that many. Then I came in here and saw that this one was definitely needed......we need to find out what Highland fans think about Spring Break, not the rest of the area but Highlands. It was very informing.

You are missing the point smarts....

This thread is to commend JB for getting the kids to buy into his program and commit themselves 110% to a sport that has had conflcting issues with HS spring break at Highlands.

But then again I think you already knew this, but thanks for playin...Just sayin

Other issues aside, I think the Ripken trip to Myrtle Beach has been a big boost to the policy. Those that go on the trip look forward to it AND, most importantly, have a very high likelihood of playing a bunch of games & practicing during that week (currently scheduled for 7 games & 3 practices in the 5 days they are there and with all turf fields to play & practice on, lightning is about the only reason they don't play). I also think the younger kids strive to get to the "Varsity +" roster that gets to take that trip. Getting a Ripken Spring Break T-shirt to wear around school sort of indicates you "made it to the show." If they aren't there yet, I know they are looking forward to the year where they get to go.

Let me start by welcoming HB aboard. Hang on my friend! Secondly, Sweep the team to beat this year is on the "Hill" IMO. The only streak I want to see come to and end is the missing of a 9th Region title. And then the Birds can concentrate from there on out.

I wasn't a big fan of the non spring break thingy. Really didn't bother me either way since our family vacation is during dead period. Heck, I think there are a couple Seniors this year that decided against the Mexican vacation to stay home and play a sport they love. It also helps that JB and crew have things moving in the right direction.

I look for this years team to have a very successful season and for it to continue for years to come.

I know my kid will looking forward to getting that spring break t shirt some year. Pretty sure a 9th region title t shirt will suffice. And maybe even a State t shirt that represents Highlands.

Oh and I'm on board. Have been for a long time!