March 4, 201313 yr Kind of where I am with IU. I am still sticking with UL to ultimately win the tournament. I am not sure what to think of Duke. Getting Kelly back is huge, but I think his overall impact is being a bit overblown. Some are acting like they are the clear cut favorites now but I am not seeing it. Saturday was awesome for Duke and more importantly for Kelly, but lost in it all is that they needed everyone of his points and the amped up crowd and team spirit to survive against a very good Miami team. I was more impressed with how Miami played. Kelly helps spread the floor more offensively, but their season is going to come down to how well they can defend and rebound. Kelly does not really boost that for the Devils. With that said power ranking wise I am cool having them #2. I am sure I have jinxed us all now and Duke will win out and cut down the nets. You can thank me Duke fans when it happens. I shall remember this post
March 4, 201313 yr I am sure I have jinxed us all now and Duke will win out and cut down the nets. You can thank me Duke fans when it happens. NOTED!!!!
March 4, 201313 yr I think it is IU but an healthy Duke team isnt far behind. Those are my top 2 in the nation. Agreed ( as long as IU doesn't forget to get Zeller involved).
March 4, 201313 yr Kind of where I am with IU. I am still sticking with UL to ultimately win the tournament. I am not sure what to think of Duke. Getting Kelly back is huge, but I think his overall impact is being a bit overblown. Some are acting like they are the clear cut favorites now but I am not seeing it. Saturday was awesome for Duke and more importantly for Kelly, but lost in it all is that they needed everyone of his points and the amped up crowd and team spirit to survive against a very good Miami team. I was more impressed with how Miami played. Kelly helps spread the floor more offensively, but their season is going to come down to how well they can defend and rebound. Kelly does not really boost that for the Devils. With that said power ranking wise I am cool having them #2. I am sure I have jinxed us all now and Duke will win out and cut down the nets. You can thank me Duke fans when it happens. I agree in that I was much more impressed with Miami than Duke Saturday night. Kelly had the game of his life and they still had a chance to win it late. It seems to me that teams with a lot of quickness on the perimeter and a bit of physicality in the middle will give Duke fits....A team like Missouri is the first to come to mind. :idunno:
March 4, 201313 yr Why has everyone cooled on Miami? Yes the just lost to Duke, but it was at Duke, in the emotional return of Ryan Kelly. Not saying their the best, but if we're listing top 4 or 5 like some are I thought I'd throw it out there... Miami will have to show me in the tourney. Their lack of NCAA tourney experience scares me- even with the big wins they have had this year. I think Louisville would handle Miami in the tourney based on style of play plus experience. Again, I think this is the most unpredictable year of any in recent memory. I could easily be wrong in the above and I could change my mind in the next five minutes with the way things are going in basketball right now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.