Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals Scouting Department

Featured Replies

Zimmer wanting Rey Rey back got me thinking about this again and I see a pattern. When it comes to scouting/players signed I think the Bengals are weak in their knowledge/scouting of LB and Safety. I think the Bengals do a good job with the DL and at CB.

 

Agree? Disagree?

Zimmer wanting Rey Rey back got me thinking about this again and I see a pattern. When it comes to scouting/players signed I think the Bengals are weak in their knowledge/scouting of LB and Safety. I think the Bengals do a good job with the DL and at CB.

 

Agree? Disagree?

 

I think there are alot of people who seem to like Rey M. I didn't watch him much so I'm not sure what to make of him. The Bengals gotta spend some money somewhere though. Might as well bring him back.

  • Author

The point of this thread is to examine how good the Bengals are at picking players that play LB and S???

The point of this thread is to examine how good the Bengals are at picking players that play LB and S???

 

Yeah I think I was half asleep when I posted that. Sorry. :lol:

I think we need to quit drafting players from USC seems they all end up being busts Rivers, Rey, Mays and Palmer.

Last I checked the Bengals' scouting department consisted of Mike Brown, a few family members, a few personal friends and whoever is sitting on his couch watching college football on Saturdays.

  • Author
Last I checked the Bengals' scouting department consisted of Mike Brown, a few family members, a few personal friends and whoever is sitting on his couch watching college football on Saturdays.

 

In fairness their recent draft classes have received high grades.

In fairness their recent draft classes have received high grades.

 

Receiving high grade, and making the grade is two different things.

The point of this thread is to examine how good the Bengals are at picking players that play LB and S???

 

Hard to say because a few of the biggest names at LB careers ended from no fault of the Bengals. Pollack career ending injury, Rivers injury was never the same, and Odel Thurman drug problem. I disliked Rey rey for at least the first half of the season, but the 2nd half or maybe last 4th he actually played much better and seemed to lose weight and gain speed by the end. I still think we need another answer at starter but I wouldn't mind him for depth.

  • Author
Hard to say because a few of the biggest names at LB careers ended from no fault of the Bengals. Pollack career ending injury, Rivers injury was never the same, and Odel Thurman drug problem. I disliked Rey rey for at least the first half of the season, but the 2nd half or maybe last 4th he actually played much better and seemed to lose weight and gain speed by the end. I still think we need another answer at starter but I wouldn't mind him for depth.

 

I think it is deeper than that. Rivers started some for the Giants this year and I still don't believe what we had at LB was better than Rivers.

 

What about Manny Lawson, George Iloka, Robert Sands, Roddrick Muckelroy, Corey Lynch, Angelo Craig, Marvin White, Chinedum Ndukwe, Tony Dye, Jerome Miles, Dontay Moch, Taylor Mays, Vincent Ray, JK Schaffer, and Dan Skuta?

 

What have any of those guys done for the Bengals?

Linebackers and Safeties the Bengals have drafted.

 

James Francis LB

Alfred Williams LB

Joe Kelly LB

Spikes LB

Simmions LB

Rivers and Rey LB

Landon Johnson LB

Caleb Miller LB

Daryl Williams S

Madieu Williams S

Fulcher S

Bussey S

Dixon S

It would be pretty cool if they draft Collionsworth and Simpson in a couple years. :D

  • Author
Linebackers and Safeties the Bengals have drafted.

 

James Francis LB

Alfred Williams LB

Joe Kelly LB

Spikes LB

Simmions LB

Rivers and Rey LB

Landon Johnson LB

Caleb Miller LB

Daryl Williams S

Madieu Williams S

Fulcher S

Bussey S

Dixon S

 

I am speaking about under Marvin Lewis. Many of those players were before Lewis.

I am speaking about under Marvin Lewis. Many of those players were before Lewis.

 

Yea but back then we had less scouts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.