Kicking/Punting Camps

Has anyone had their kid attend one of these camps in the past. If so, can you please share your experiences and recommendations. I have received some information regarding a Kohl's camp being held in Lexington in mid-March, but seems a little expensive for a kid that will just be starting to play football at the high school level this fall. Any others? Other issue would be the timing of these camps because kicking is not a huge emphasis now and practice time could not be missed.

Has anyone had their kid attend one of these camps in the past. If so, can you please share your experiences and recommendations. I have received some information regarding a Kohl's camp being held in Lexington in mid-March, but seems a little expensive for a kid that will just be starting to play football at the high school level this fall. Any others? Other issue would be the timing of these camps because kicking is not a huge emphasis now and practice time could not be missed.

Back in !983, 1984 and 1985 I attended Ray Pelfreys Kicking and Punting Camp. I can tell you that it was the best training that I have ever had as far as punting and kicking. The first camp that I went to made an enormous difference immediately. My parents, coaches and team mates could not believe the difference one four day weekend made. I have no idea if this particular camp is still around or not. The camp would hold camps at small colleges around the whole country. I went to the camps when they were at Wilmington College and Evansville. BTW... I do not believe that Ray Pelfrey is any relation to Doug Pelfrey(I could be wrong).

The camps would have college and NFL kickers and punters. One other benefit was that college recruiters were in contact with Mr. Pelfrey.

Our kickers enjoyed the Ray Guy camp. I thought we had the best place kicker in the area this year and his brother already has a better leg. They give them drills they can use and I think it's money we'll spent. PM me and I'll try to get a better scoop for you from how our guys felt about it.

Back in !983, 1984 and 1985 I attended Ray Pelfreys Kicking and Punting Camp. I can tell you that it was the best training that I have ever had as far as punting and kicking. The first camp that I went to made an enormous difference immediately. My parents, coaches and team mates could not believe the difference one four day weekend made. I have no idea if this particular camp is still around or not. The camp would hold camps at small colleges around the whole country. I went to the camps when they were at Wilmington College and Evansville. BTW... I do not believe that Ray Pelfrey is any relation to Doug Pelfrey(I could be wrong).

The camps would have college and NFL kickers and punters. One other benefit was that college recruiters were in contact with Mr. Pelfrey.

Just out of curiousity, I have a few questions for you. Did you punt, kick or do both? Did you get any scholarship offers as a result of this camp? Was kicking and/or punting all that you did in high school?

Just out of curiousity, I have a few questions for you. Did you punt, kick or do both? Did you get any scholarship offers as a result of this camp? Was kicking and/or punting all that you did in high school?

I was a kicker and punter. The reason I could do both was that I was a conventional (straight on or toe) kicker. I kicked varsity soph, junior and senior years. I also punted varsity junior and senior years. At the time the concept of having someone specialize in kicking and or punting at the high school level was kind of new. So, yes I was a kicker and punter only. Part of me wishes I would have played another position but I do not think I would have been as good at kicking or punting if I had.

I did get recruited by a couple of SEC schools but they did not pan out. I did get a football scholarship to EKU. Honestly, I am not sure if the camps had any direct involvement in that or not. However, without the camps and specializing in kicking and punting I do not think I would have excelled enough to get a scholarship. If you have anymore questions, do not hesitate to ask.