Newport 48 Cooper 45

Very very very disappointing loss. No effort, emotion or focus. Clinton Co. part 2!! Hats off to the wildcats for a strong effort after it looked like the jags woke up after half. They are a scappy team that doesn't quit and have a spirited leader in coach Snap.

The Jags problem is there is not one single leader on the team that is willing to put the team on his back and get the players to play the way they are capable of playing. They better "Figure It Out" and quick or I foresee an early exit from tourney play and that includes the districts. It's tough to beat a team 3X's in a season and Conner is licking their chops to get at the Jags again judging from a tweet from one of their staff insiders.

Right now my opinion has changed in that its a two team race to Rupp and one of them is not the Jags. Just when u think they've turn the corner they pull the rug out from me.

Wake up Jags!

Still a player in the 9th but Newport is no slouch. You just never know what you are going to get with them. They could knock off someone in the Regional tournament.

I complety agree. Newport is not a push over and can play with anyone. I heard that the Whistle went Coppers way the majority of the night. Newport talent for talent can play with anyone in this region So any fan or any team or Coach that thinks Newport is push over is wrong. I wasnt at the game but Newport came away with the Win so the better team won that night.