Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wayne County 65 Southwestern 60

Featured Replies

The Cards clinch the #1 see for their district . . . which admittedly doesn't mean a great deal since the region is so scrambled.

 

However it is impressive that they've beaten SW twice. Who would have thunk it coming into the season?

The Cards clinch the #1 see for their district . . . which admittedly doesn't mean a great deal since the region is so scrambled.

 

However it is impressive that they've beaten SW twice. Who would have thunk it coming into the season?

 

I have a friend who is in the military and I try to update him on Wayne County. Other than their record I know very little. Can someone give me some info. I know when he was in school they played a bunch of guards. they loved the drive and kick. Thanks for the info.

I have a friend who is in the military and I try to update him on Wayne County. Other than their record I know very little. Can someone give me some info. I know when he was in school they played a bunch of guards. they loved the drive and kick. Thanks for the info.

 

 

They are a young team. They are led by Trey Blevins, Corey Stearns and Peyton Woods. I believe Woods is a sophomore and Blevins and Stearns are freshmen. They were right behind Southwestern, Pulaski County, West Jessamine and Somerset to start the season. The only 12th Region teams that have beaten them so far are East Jessamine and Somerset. As far as I know they still run the Rodney Woods guard oriented offense but I haven't seen them play this season. They have been the surprise of the season with their résumé this season despite the losses to Somerset and East Jessamine.

Good win for the Cards after their loss to Somerset.

  • Author
They are a young team. They are led by Trey Blevins, Corey Stearns and Peyton Woods. I believe Woods is a sophomore and Blevins and Stearns are freshmen. They were right behind Southwestern, Pulaski County, West Jessamine and Somerset to start the season. The only 12th Region teams that have beaten them so far are East Jessamine and Somerset. As far as I know they still run the Rodney Woods guard oriented offense but I haven't seen them play this season. They have been the surprise of the season with their résumé this season despite the losses to Somerset and East Jessamine.

 

Good synopsis of the young Cardinal team. Blevins, Woods and Stearns do typically score the bulk of the points, but to overlook the contributions made by senior Dagan Shelton (grandson of former MHS great and head coach, Wade Upchurch) and junior Jason Perkins (son of former MHS star, Jeff Perkins) would be remiss. Both average just less than double-figures and are key to helping to set up their teammates.

 

They definitely continue Coach Woods' dribble-drive offense either taking it to the basket or dishing it out and knocking down the threes. They will also pressure the opposition attempting to force them out of their offensive sets.

 

Their starting five is far & away the smallest of the region's favorites and because of that they must be "on their game" 100% or they will fall short.

Good synopsis of the young Cardinal team. Blevins, Woods and Stearns do typically score the bulk of the points, but to overlook the contributions made by senior Dagan Shelton (grandson of former MHS great and head coach, Wade Upchurch) and junior Jason Perkins (son of former MHS star, Jeff Perkins) would be remiss. Both average just less than double-figures and are key to helping to set up their teammates.

 

They definitely continue Coach Woods' dribble-drive offense either taking it to the basket or dishing it out and knocking down the threes. They will also pressure the opposition attempting to force them out of their offensive sets.

 

Their starting five is far & away the smallest of the region's favorites and because of that they must be "on their game" 100% or they will fall short.

 

 

It wasn't done on purpose. A poster asked for info on Wayne County and I spoke on what I knew and even admitted that I hadn't seen them play this season. I wasn't trying to slight anyone on the Wayne County team. I just know they are led by those three.

[TABLE=width: 2]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]2/6/2013[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Wayne Co. 65[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Southwestern 60[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Southwestern[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]10[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]15[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]25[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]10[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]60[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Wayne Co.[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]14[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]16[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]16[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]19[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]65[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Southwestern (19-7) -- Kapinga 17, Edwards 13, Schulz 3, Collier 19, Gaskin 4, Isaacs 4.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: #FFFFFF]

[TD=colspan: 2, align: left]Wayne Co. (20-5) -- Perkins 12, P.Woods 11, Blevins 19, Gehring 5, Stearns 15, Shelton 3.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

  • Author
It wasn't done on purpose. A poster asked for info on Wayne County and I spoke on what I knew and even admitted that I hadn't seen them play this season. I wasn't trying to slight anyone on the Wayne County team. I just know they are led by those three.

 

No problem - you do a great job of keeping various threads updated and no one would expect you (or anyone else) to know everything about each team.

 

In this case, more of a situation where one who sees them play often can see these things that wouldn't be obvious to those who can only go by the boxscores.

 

Keep up the good work & thanks.

No problem - you do a great job of keeping various threads updated and no one would expect you (or anyone else) to know everything about each team.

 

In this case, more of a situation where one who sees them play often can see these things that wouldn't be obvious to those who can only go by the boxscores.

 

Keep up the good work & thanks.

 

 

No doubt. And thanks. I wish I wasn't headed to Japan so I could watch them in the tournaments.

No doubt. And thanks. I wish I wasn't headed to Japan so I could watch them in the tournaments.

 

Thanks for the info, gents!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.