Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any updates from the NCC/Holy Cross matchup last night?

Featured Replies

Haven't heard anything, thought that might be a good game.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NC won 51-43.

NewCath rallied from 13-7 deficit in second quarter thanks in part to making 30 of 49 FTs .. Holy Cross shot just two FTs....

 

Nicole Kiernan had 23 points, 10 rebounds, five blocks and five steals.

 

DeAsia Beal poured in 27, including 18 of HC's 24 in second half.

 

Link to story: http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20130109/SPT0302/301090188/NewCath-continues-dominance-All-Classic

Wow 49-2 FT difference. That has to be a misprint.

NewCath rallied from 13-7 deficit in second quarter thanks in part to making 30 of 49 FTs .. Holy Cross shot just two FTs....

 

Nicole Kiernan had 23 points, 10 rebounds, five blocks and five steals.

 

DeAsia Beal poured in 27, including 18 of HC's 24 in second half.

 

Link to story: http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20130109/SPT0302/301090188/NewCath-continues-dominance-All-Classic

 

One team shot 49 and the other shot 2?

 

Never heard of such a thing.

Trust me, I wrote it, I was there and it isn't a misprint.... 20 of FTs came in the fourth quarter, but still ....

Trust me, I wrote it, I was there and it isn't a misprint.... 20 of FTs came in the fourth quarter, but still ....

 

That is hard to believe - I never have heard of such a discrepancy either. Did Holy Cross have 5 girls on the floor by end of game or did parents have to play just to get players on the court? How many fouled out for HC? Was that part of HC gameplan to make NC beat them at the line - using the "Shaq theory" ??

Uh...49 to 2 on free throws? Where are all the conspiracy theorist?

Only player fouled out if I remember (don't have my scoring sheet with me), but I think at least four others had four...

 

Strategy for last couple of minutes was to foul ...

Only player fouled out if I remember (don't have my scoring sheet with me), but I think at least four others had four...

 

Strategy for last couple of minutes was to foul ...

 

Interesting... and very hard to believe.. Are you just getting home from the game? - that must have been a 4 hour game

Very interesting, last time I saw NCC play they played very aggressive half court and full court man defense and put their hands all over you applying lots of pressure. Hard to imagine that if they still play that style it would lead to only 2 FTs or HC. Even with 20 fts in the 4th that's 29-2 difference that's amazing HC didn't lose by 30.

  • Author
Only player fouled out if I remember (don't have my scoring sheet with me), but I think at least four others had four...

 

Strategy for last couple of minutes was to foul ...

 

If their strategy was to foul, I get that they had 49 shots. But a physical team like NCC only sent them to the line for 2??? That's where it's hard to believe!

 

As far as the conspiracy theory...can't say it's because the refs were catholic! Maybe they're afraid of Indians!

It acutally didn't take that long ... 1 hour and 37 minutes ... second game (Lloyd-Ludlow) took just 68 minutes to complete (started at 8 and ended at 9:08) ...

  • Author
It acutally didn't take that long ... 1 hour and 37 minutes ... second game (Lloyd-Ludlow) took just 68 minutes to complete (started at 8 and ended at 9:08) ...

 

Did the same guys ref the second game? Probably out of breath from blowing their whistle in the first game!

Very interesting, last time I saw NCC play they played very aggressive half court and full court man defense and put their hands all over you applying lots of pressure. Hard to imagine that if they still play that style it would lead to only 2 FTs or HC. Even with 20 fts in the 4th that's 29-2 difference that's amazing HC didn't lose by 30.

 

You are correct - you shoot 49 FT's in one game - you should win by at least 30. Gotta be a concern in the NC war room.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.