December 18, 201213 yr With the Jets losing tonight. The Bengals now are guarnteed a playoff spot if they beat the Steelers this Sunday.
December 18, 201213 yr Author The Steelers are guaranteed to get rid of Mendenhall, Wallace, Hampton. That's a good start for next year, win or lose.
December 18, 201213 yr The Steelers are guaranteed to get rid of Mendenhall, Wallace, Hampton. That's a good start for next year, win or lose. ...you may include Haley in that group since Ben threw him under Jerome Bettis.
December 18, 201213 yr The Steelers are guaranteed to get rid of Mendenhall, Wallace, Hampton. That's a good start for next year, win or lose. I keep hearing Harrison won't be back either....Shame, guy was a moron, but was a terror for quite a while.
December 18, 201213 yr Author I keep hearing Harrison won't be back either....Shame, guy was a moron, but was a terror for quite a while. I think he'll be back. Gut feeling. Pancake said he wouldn't be back this year and he was. I think they need to groom a kid to replace him, and they don't have one right now. Maybe they will with Sean Spence whom they drafted this year but is on IR. He has a high ceiling but looks to be more of an inside guy. Worilds is adequate and has had ample time with Woodley a hit or miss this year. I think that the Steelers will come to terms with Harrison at some level.
December 18, 201213 yr Author ...you may include Haley in that group since Ben threw him under Jerome Bettis. The whole context of that interview isn't as harsh as the excerpts have been made out to be. And frankly, Haley has been fine. The WR corps has stunk it up at times, then with the 2 50yo backups in the game, offensive #s are gonna stink, period. Unless someone is in the mood for Haley to take over the HC job somewhere, which I doubt, he'll be right back. To Haley's credit, he has made an attempt to resurrect the run game (largely to no avail) and has kept Ben upright more than any other season he's played.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.