Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leslie Co 72 Knott Co Central 54

Featured Replies

Very well said Pat Man. It seems seomeone does not like us good Knott County people. I wonder if jealousy has any part of this.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your grapevine has no clue ... If Neal Feltner leaves it will be his own decision(of which he has no plans). You are forever picking at DJ Stamper ( who has no designs on coaching the Patriots). DJ simply wants to watch his son play basketball for the next 4.5 years. And BTW you should check the responsibilities of a High School Athletic Director! Things would be ok if it were not for people like you and Braveheart bringing up vicious rumors about the people who run our school system simply because you don't like them. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

Let me set the record straight, I have the utmost respect for Coach Feltner. I feel that he is turning around the boys basketball program, and he is the reason for it. He's a good fit for the program. My problem is that he should direct the team in his way, play who he feels should be on the court, and decide who he dismisses. And it's not that way. It's his team and the school's team. I think he should coach there until the cows come home. Unfortunatly, for KCC, the cows come home every 2 years,. At least for the boys basketball and football programs. It seems that when something starts to work, someone decides that it's a time for a change. And that someone is the problem. And that's who I, and alot more, feel should go. No rumors.

 

I never said I didn't like anyone. He's a good man.

 

No jealousy, no resentment, just like to see KCC to go in the right direction.

Let me set the record straight, I have the utmost respect for Coach Feltner. I feel that he is turning around the boys basketball program, and he is the reason for it. He's a good fit for the program. My problem is that he should direct the team in his way, play who he feels should be on the court, and decide who he dismisses. And it's not that way. It's his team and the school's team. I think he should coach there until the cows come home. Unfortunatly, for KCC, the cows come home every 2 years,. At least for the boys basketball and football programs. It seems that when something starts to work, someone decides that it's a time for a change. And that someone is the problem. And that's who I, and alot more, feel should go. No rumors.

 

I never said I didn't like anyone. He's a good man.

 

No jealousy, no resentment, just like to see KCC to go in the right direction.

 

First, let me assure you Coach Feltner is playing who he wants, and he is getting far more heat for doing it from the parents whose kids are not playing than he would ever get from the parents whose kids are playing.

 

Second, I am assuming that you are indicating that Coach Feltner does not support the decision to dismiss this player. That simply is not correct.

 

Third, if you think any one man can make the hiring and firing decisions with regard to the basketball and football coaches in Knott County or any other county, you are wrong! Everyone who has ever been involved in high school sports knows that politics plays a major part in who gets these positions, and the politics runs so much higher than the AD. I feel sorry for the AD's in a lot of these counties because just like there in Knott County, they have very little control, but get all the blame. The AD at the high school my son attended was the victim of same kind of slanderous rumors by people just like you who just didn't know what they were talking about. That's why this is such an issue for me.

 

You should just sit back and watch the next few years and see what direction KCC basketball goes in. They have some tremendous talent coming up. My grandson will be in high school in two more years and I'm sure not looking forward to his team meeting up with the Patriots. Anyone who underestimates this teams potential will regret it.

A

Let me set the record straight, I have the utmost respect for Coach Feltner. I feel that he is turning around the boys basketball program, and he is the reason for it. He's a good fit for the program. My problem is that he should direct the team in his way, play who he feels should be on the court, and decide who he dismisses. It's his team and the school's team. I think he should coach there until the cows come home. Unfortunatly, for KCC, the cows come home every 2 years,. At least for the boys basketball and football programs. It seems that when something starts to work, someone decides that it's a time for a change. And that someone is the problem. And that's who I, and alot more, feel should go. No rumors.

 

No jealousy, no resentment, just like to see KCC to go in the right direction.

 

Coach Feltner does all the things you says he should do! Amazing isn't it!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more PAT MAN and fanoall

Very well said Pat Man. It seems seomeone does not like us good Knott County people. I wonder if jealousy has any part of this.

With all due respect what is there to be jealous of, there are mediocre academics and athletics. I understand that the people that run these things may be good intentioned, but good intentions only get you so far, eventually results have to be looked at and if that is done in Knott County, there will be changes because Knott County, Knott Central inparticular are lagging behind the state in academics(most important), and athletics. So jealousy no, just tired of seeing absolutely no positive results coming from the people in charge.

With all due respect what is there to be jealous of, there are mediocre academics and athletics. I understand that the people that run these things may be good intentioned, but good intentions only get you so far, eventually results have to be looked at and if that is done in Knott County, there will be changes because Knott County, Knott Central inparticular are lagging behind the state in academics(most important), and athletics. So jealousy no, just tired of seeing absolutely no positive results coming from the people in charge.

 

Do you have any idea how absolutely ridulous you make yourself look when you try to blame one man for every athletic and academic problem that a school has? Does Knott County not have a Superintendent, a school board, principals, teachers, coaches, etc.? Do they not fall under the State Baord of Education and the KHSAA? Or, do you also allege that his polical influence is great that he has control of all of those people also. What possible reason would he, or anyone else have, for not doing everything they can to improve the academics at KCC?

 

Why don't you use this board for what it was meant for, a place for people to get together and talk about basketball? If you have proof that someone, anyone, in your school is doing something wrong or something to hurt the kids, take it to your school board. This is not the place for it.

Your grapevine has no clue ... If Neal Feltner leaves it will be his own decision(of which he has no plans). You are forever picking at DJ Stamper ( who has no designs on coaching the Patriots). DJ simply wants to watch his son play basketball for the next 4.5 years. And BTW you should check the responsibilities of a High School Athletic Director! Things would be ok if it were not for people like you and Braveheart bringing up vicious rumors about the people who run our school system simply because you don't like them. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lets set the record straight right now Pat Man, First I already told you what the score is in a PM to you, so you can sit back and say whatever, but you and I know what you are all about, which is what I am going to talk about. You love to bring up things 5, 6, or 7 years ago, so please lets do that at this point. I do recall at that time that you had nothing but bad things to say about DJ Stamper and your current superintendent. I guess a little job does make people change their tune, but really, you don;t have to blow the horn so hard. Anyway, you can say that I am negative or vicious or whatever, but I challenge anyone on this board to look at anything I have posted in regards to this school system and show me where I am wrong! I defy you to do that! Mark my words right now, there will be some changes and it will involve one of the people I have mentioned! I know gambling isn't allowed on the board, I wish it was, because I would be very rich at the end. Btw..... Interesting statement you made about no change unless it was his choice! LOL Kind of like when the godfather told the movie guy he was going to make him an offer he couldn't refuse, then cut his horse's head off! LOL

No one has anything against DJ or anyone else on the board except you braveheart..Any time KCC is brought into anything you say something to bring us down..Well to bad it isn't working and won't either. If something happened in the past forget it you can't change it. So you can say what you want but when it comes down to it everyone knows what the truth is. So in the words of KCC's principal "make it a great day or not the choice is your's"

Do you have any idea how absolutely ridulous you make yourself look when you try to blame one man for every athletic and academic problem that a school has? Does Knott County not have a Superintendent, a school board, principals, teachers, coaches, etc.? Do they not fall under the State Baord of Education and the KHSAA? Or, do you also allege that his polical influence is great that he has control of all of those people also. What possible reason would he, or anyone else have, for not doing everything they can to improve the academics at KCC?

 

Why don't you use this board for what it was meant for, a place for people to get together and talk about basketball? If you have proof that someone, anyone, in your school is doing something wrong or something to hurt the kids, take it to your school board. This is not the place for it.

If you would get your panties out a bunch and read what I said you would realize that I am not blaming any one person for the problems in KNott County, the whole organization needs to be looked at and assessed based on results, not just the AD. This will not happen because everyone wants to get along in Knott County and not make their "friends" mad, no matter if the results are negative as they have been lately or not. Again what I am saying is that if something is not working as in the case of academics/athletics in Knott County, there needs to be some accountability from the people running the show.

No one has anything against DJ or anyone else on the board except you braveheart..Any time KCC is brought into anything you say something to bring us down..Well to bad it isn't working and won't either. If something happened in the past forget it you can't change it. So you can say what you want but when it comes down to it everyone knows what the truth is. So in the words of KCC's principal "make it a great day or not the choice is your's"

You are exactly right, EVERYONE knows the truth about the whole situation and nothing you can say or do will change that! Everyone on here knows it, and everyone in the state of Kentucky knows it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.