Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper Baseball

Featured Replies

Is Bieger of Cooper feeling the heat with the achievements of the Basketball and Football teams?

I can't imagine there is "heat."

Is Bieger of Cooper feeling the heat with the achievements of the Basketball and Football teams?

 

Your kidding right?

 

Cooper Football, wouldn't be where they were, if Ky didn't have 6 divisions and the last time I looked Cooper, has yet to win a Ninth Region championship in Basketball!

Your kidding right?

 

Cooper Football, wouldn't be where they were, if Ky didn't have 6 divisions and the last time I looked Cooper, has yet to win a Ninth Region championship in Basketball!

 

 

TOG, I wouldn't be so quick to denigrate Cooper football. Cooper can compete with CCH this year.

TOG, I wouldn't be so quick to denigrate Cooper football. Cooper can compete with CCH this year.

 

Clyde, didn't say they wouldn't but to say that Cooper Baseball team manger is feeling the heat without Cooper Football or Basketball doing anything yet (state titles), is unfair to him and indeed if Cooper were in 4A with HHS would they be where they are now, or if they were in 6A with "T"?

Is Bieger of Cooper feeling the heat with the achievements of the Basketball and Football teams?

Not at all. He is one of the biggest supporters of the football team and their success. Another sports success should have nothing to do with another sport imo. If the Basketball team has as much success as the Football team this year is only going to enhance the Cooper name when it comes to sports in the area. But 1 has nothing to do with anothers sports coaching pressure.

Clyde, didn't say they wouldn't but to say that Cooper Baseball team manger is feeling the heat without Cooper Football or Basketball doing anything yet (state titles), is unfair to him and indeed if Cooper were in 4A with HHS would they be where they are now, or if they were in 6A with "T"?

 

 

Why are you bringing state titles into this? His point was obvious. Football has had a great year. Basketball will contend for the region. All he's saying is that baseball may feel pressured to have success. I don't think "heat" is the right word but I get his point.

 

If the queen has testicles she'd be king.

Why are you bringing state titles into this? His point was obvious. Football has had a great year. Basketball will contend for the region. All he's saying is that baseball may feel pressured to have success. I don't think "heat" is the right word but I get his point.

 

If the queen has testicles she'd be king.

I agree 110%

 

To actually put pressure on one sport and their coach after just 5 years of the schools existence is silly.

 

This reminds me of some of the same criticism the football team got from some peopple on here at the beginning of the season. When Cooper came out beating the llikes of Ryle and HC in football this season some asked if they were among the best football teams in NKY and some said they aren't because they haven't won any championships yet. That never made sense to me. One year has nothing to do with oother years, especially when some of those same people were saying their schools teams were better even though the only championship they won was over 30 years ago.

 

State Titles has nothing to do with how good a team is on any given year. It also should never be used to rate how good a team would be in the current year.

 

Can anyone show me how many schools in the state has won state titles in Football oor Basketball in their first 5 years of existence?

  • Author

Clyde.......That is exactly what I was trying to say!

  • Author

Sorry Hellbird........But to say a coach wouldn't feel pressure IMO is silly. Most of the other programs within the school have had success whether it is boys or girls sports. I coached many years within an organization and you can't tell me if all the other teams within the organization are doing well and I wasn’t that pressure wouldn't be felt. I don't buy in to the "5 Year" comment. They have more than enough talent to at least win a district title. I know baseball is a funny game but they need to achieve and not under achieve, as you mentioned in an earlier post.

Edited by Jimmy Olson
Didn't post directly like I wanted.

Jimmy Olson, I'm not sure how long you have been around Cooper baseball but I've been around the varsity team since the first year and if you weren't aware, Cooper varsity baseball had the most early success of the major sports. Not in title's etc. but in overall record. Baseball in the 33rd is very hard to advance out of as all you need is a main Ace that can shut the other team down. Cooper faced Teegarden a couple of the years and had Downs this year in a thriller but lost 1-0. Baseball is the one team sport where an individual (starting pitcher) can carry the team by himself.

 

Coach Beiger has done a great job and puts as much effort into the program than any coach in NKY. I think last years team underachieved IMO but Beiger can't hit and field for the kids. I think this year will be much better for several reasons that I will keep to myself.

 

Be a supporter and talk positive to your kid if he plays on the team so negative actions don't go to the field!!

  • Author

I just posed a question. I responded to a comment on how I would feel. If you read in one of my post, I am totally aware that an ACE can take your team down. That's why I say baseball is a funny game. This was not by any means meant to knock the coach at all. I would agree that they should be better if anything other than just in game experience, since they didn't lose too many kids.

 

Jimmy Olson, I'm not sure how long you have been around Cooper baseball but I've been around the varsity team since the first year and if you weren't aware, Cooper varsity baseball had the most early success of the major sports. Not in title's etc. but in overall record. Baseball in the 33rd is very hard to advance out of as all you need is a main Ace that can shut the other team down. Cooper faced Teegarden a couple of the years and had Downs this year in a thriller but lost 1-0. Baseball is the one team sport where an individual (starting pitcher) can carry the team by himself.

 

Coach Beiger has done a great job and puts as much effort into the program than any coach in NKY. I think last years team underachieved IMO but Beiger can't hit and field for the kids. I think this year will be much better for several reasons that I will keep to myself.

 

Be a supporter and talk positive to your kid if he plays on the team so negative actions don't go to the field!!

  • Author

BTW.....I do route for Cooper's programs and Boone's programs. I am friends with a couple fathers which one kid goes to Boone and the other goes to Cooper.

 

Jimmy Olson, I'm not sure how long you have been around Cooper baseball but I've been around the varsity team since the first year and if you weren't aware, Cooper varsity baseball had the most early success of the major sports. Not in title's etc. but in overall record. Baseball in the 33rd is very hard to advance out of as all you need is a main Ace that can shut the other team down. Cooper faced Teegarden a couple of the years and had Downs this year in a thriller but lost 1-0. Baseball is the one team sport where an individual (starting pitcher) can carry the team by himself.

 

Coach Beiger has done a great job and puts as much effort into the program than any coach in NKY. I think last years team underachieved IMO but Beiger can't hit and field for the kids. I think this year will be much better for several reasons that I will keep to myself.

 

Be a supporter and talk positive to your kid if he plays on the team so negative actions don't go to the field!!

  • Author

BTW.....I do route for Cooper's programs and Boone's programs. I am friends with a couple fathers which one kid goes to Boone and the other goes to Cooper.

 

Jimmy Olson, I'm not sure how long you have been around Cooper baseball but I've been around the varsity team since the first year and if you weren't aware, Cooper varsity baseball had the most early success of the major sports. Not in title's etc. but in overall record. Baseball in the 33rd is very hard to advance out of as all you need is a main Ace that can shut the other team down. Cooper faced Teegarden a couple of the years and had Downs this year in a thriller but lost 1-0. Baseball is the one team sport where an individual (starting pitcher) can carry the team by himself.

 

Coach Beiger has done a great job and puts as much effort into the program than any coach in NKY. I think last years team underachieved IMO but Beiger can't hit and field for the kids. I think this year will be much better for several reasons that I will keep to myself.

 

Be a supporter and talk positive to your kid if he plays on the team so negative actions don't go to the field!!

Cooper baseball is headed in the right direction.

Talent, hard work, playing the game the right way.

How that shows in wins and losses is anybody's guess,

but when you prepare the right way, success usually follows.

Good Luck Jags & Coach Beiger.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.