Bishop Brossart Boys and Girls Sweep 37th District

The Mustangs and Lady 'Stangs got out the broom tonight to make it a clean sweep at the 37th District Tournaments at Scott High School. The Lady 'Stangs shutout Campbell County in a shootout for their second win over the Lady Camels this year 1-0 and the Mustangs ran...their impressive season record to 21-1-1 by defeating the Scott Eagles 3-2. The two wins by Brossart enable both teams to earn a bye in next weeks 10th Region Tourney. The girls will play Wednesday at Scott while the boys will play Thursday at Harrison County. Coach Brad Gough's Lady 'Stangs are now 15-5-1 and have outscored opponents 68-11 on the season. They have won 11 of their last 12 games falling only on the road to Notre Dame Academy 2-0. The Mustangs of Coach Brian Goller The Mustangs have outscored opponents 76-13 and have won 15 games with just a tie with Boone Co. in their last 16 outings. Congrats to the Lady 'Stangs and Mustangs!!

The boys game last night was one of the best games I have seen played by a team this year. Brossart boys were dominant for nearly the entire game. Their passing and style of play was great to watch. Being a CCHS alum and knowing Brossart soccer since the late 80's, this is the best Brossart boys team I have ever watched. They are good at every position. Jordan is a handful up front. The man is built like Wayne Rooney and plays so hard everytime the ball is in his area. Eli was the most impressive player on the field last night for me. He won almost every 50/50 ball and dominated the midfield. I believe it was Ben Uebel who basically man to man covered Treadway last night and did a hell of a job. My "want to see matchup" is Brossart vs CovCath. These too teams play similar styles and would be such a great game to watch. Hopefully we get to see this matchup somewhere down the road in the tourney. Its a shame they didn't play during the regular season. Good luck to the Mustangs and Coach Brian in the Region.

The girls game was good as always between these two teams. Not much offense but that is to be expected when two teams that know each other so well get together on the field. Good luck to both Brossart and the Lady Camels in the Region.

Great pictures thanks you very much. Campbell's Keeper had many saves including 4-5 that looked like they were going in until she grabbed them. She was the MVP of that game and got them to a shootout. It could have been 2-3 goals if it was not for her play. WELL DONE!!! :thumb: Congrats to Mustangs on another win but still have work to do to reach their potential.

Great pictures thanks you very much. Campbell's Keeper had many saves including 4-5 that looked like they were going in until she grabbed them. She was the MVP of that game and got them to a shootout. It could have been 2-3 goals if it was not for her play. WELL DONE!!! :thumb: Congrats to Mustangs on another win but still have work to do to reach their potential.

I agree with Baller. CC goalie played a really good game. It could of been 2,3,4 to 0 in regulation but she made some great stops! I think Brossart controlled the game but that doesnt matter in soccer. You can shoot 20 times and dont score and the other teams shoots twice and wins 1 to 0. So I agree, CC goalie played great and she deserved to be on the district team! IMO these two teams will play again in the regional tournament and Im sure it'll be a good game again! Good luck to both teams in the tounament.